Wednesday, January 31, 2018

New lab

I had the usual morning at work except that I got together in the office and was told they are building me a lab in the future and I got to plan what it would look like and how big. It was fun because I really wasn't sure I was going to get it even though when I was hired, they said I would. They just made an addition to the building so they are going to start moving departments around and my lab will be a part of all that transition. I'm hoping in the next couple of months. I'm really excited about it.


It's a good thing that I'm a lot more patient driver than I used to be. I got stuck behind someone doing 40-45 down the back roads that I normally do around 60. I could have passed if I really wanted to but I just chilled behind him. Then we got to the highway where the speed limit is 55, once again, he did 40-45 and I just stayed behind him. By the time we got to the bypass, which is where it goes to 4 lanes, there were about 20 cars lined up behind us. I stayed behind him all the way until I got into the left turn lane. There are 2 left turn lanes and he got in the inside one. The light turned, I went left and he decided to go straight and cut off all the people that were in the straight lane. Maybe it was a good thing I didn't pass him.

Even though I went to bed at a decent time (for me) I was still pretty sleepy today at work and kind of dozed off in the recliner really quick earlier so I think I'm going to try to start to go to bed around 10 for awhile and see if that helps. I can function with little sleep but that should stop me from getting real sleep. I used to stay up so I can go to bed with my wife but now she stays up really late so there is no point in trying to stay awake for that anymore. We'll see how well I do on that goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment