Sunday, January 7, 2018

Make up day

I know, I know. I was doing so well and them poof, I disappeared. Life got in the way or should I say, I didn't get around to it. I actually thought I wasn't going to do one today either since I ended up being away from home and when I was here for awhile, I was in the garage. Let's get started with Friday though.

I don't remember much at work, I don't usually a few days later which is one of the reasons I try to post on that day. Most of my life is spent at work, without it, I don't have much to say. I know I did take the shorter, more busier route because of the weather again but took the back roads home again. It didn't really feel much like a Friday. I think that was more because we didn't work Monday or Wednesday and we already knew we were working Saturday. It was so boring on Saturday that I didn't even post any snaps. Lucky for you.

After work, I got home, showered and grabbed my youngest son then headed to the therapist to pick up my youngest daughter. We went from there to her friends house to pick her up and then off to Milford to give them to their mother. Samantha actually went but I think that was mainly because the JackAss wasn't there and she took a friend. To be honest, I'm not sure she would have gone without her friend going. I met her and then filled up the gas tank and picked up some Long John Silvers to take home for supper.

Odd thing about Friday was that Google Timeline didn't record anywhere I went, didn't even show me at home just said they couldn't find anything.

Saturday I took the shorter (busier) route again just to be safe. We didn't get much snow Friday afternoon so I wasn't expecting bad roads to be horrible but it was really cold again, plus I figured it's Saturday at 5 am, traffic wouldn't be bad anyways and it wasn't.

The parking lot was pretty bare as there were only a few departments working. I stayed pretty busy, since I wasn't going to be there on Monday so I had to make sure all the tanks would, chemically, last until then. So I added to a bunch of them to make sure they were on the high side so with a day of running without my monitoring, that they would last. It makes me sound a lot more important than I am but nobody else does the testing so if there is a problem, there's nobody there to diagnose it so I bump up the chemicals to make sure there isn't one.


Two of those guys up there took snaps of me and posted them on their accounts so I had to pay them back. I can't show either of those because one was a video and I don't think I can record another video, the other had a word on it that I never use so I'm not posting it.

After work, I went home via back roads again and once I was home, pretty much did nothing. Except take a couple of snaps of our oldest daughter's dog who was staying with us.


Those were on our bed before I hopped in the shower. Cheri was in the bedroom doing her hair when I got home so I hung with her before going in. Didn't really do anything but catch up on the DVR that night.


Today, I got up and had some cereal, which is a rarity because I don't really eat breakfast when I'm home. Our oldest called and wanted us to meet her halfway to Indy so she could get her dog back. We hopped in the wife's car had headed out. We were meeting her about an hour and fifteen minutes away just before Grissom Air Force base. We only got about half way there when all of the sudden the car went nuts. It was like it got kicked into neutral while we were driving then went back into gear. We hit the next exit, which luckily was right after this happened and stopped at a gas station and called my stepdad. After talking with him, we started to drive back home only took an older road instead of the highway so if something happened, something would be around.

We got up to the next town and talked to our daughter, told her what happened and she said she'd go home and get the dog later. So we keep driving. She calls again and asks if we'll stop and she'll meet us there so we do. We tell her where were at and her GPS says we were an hour away. She tells us never mind, she's not driving that far so we head back out. Next thing I know she's texting and saying she's coming to get him at the house so we keep going. Next she texts us and asks us to meet just off the bypass. We were already past that point so no. Then she wants us to go home and get in the other car and meet her there. Um, no. She was annoyed, I was annoyed. I was not looking forward to her showing up at the house because I knew I wasn't going to keep my mouth shut when she started running hers. I was basically going to tell her if she would have made up her mind at the first stop she could have saved 2 hours on her trip but when she showed up, she was fine and didn't really say anything. I was out in the garage with my stepdad looking at the car anyways so I didn't see her but for a couple of minutes. She gets upset pretty easily but she's also very good at forgive and forget and just moves on.


They always make fun of my car because it's old but you don't see it with it's hood up. We (he) diagnosed it with bad spark plugs. We went and bought more but he was fighting a couple of them. He got 2 replaced and 3 out. Still fighting to get 1 of them out and also get 1 of them back in. A few years ago that part had to be rebuilt so it goes in at an odd angle. I kept telling him that the car wasn't going anywhere for awhile so he could come back sometime during the week and finish and he finally took me up on the offer.

About 5, which is when my stepdad gave up, I headed out to pick up the kids. Pretty uneventful trip, kids seemed to be in a good mood which is always a plus. She hadn't fed them yet, big surprise, so we grabbed some Little Ceaser's and headed home. Trevor went to bed an hour earlier like he usually does when he comes home from her house because he stays up way to late and then ends up being tired for school on Monday.


You got this post because I decided to post here before I did other things that I try to do everyday so now I'm behind on that stuff. So was this post long enough to make up for the lack there of the last few days? You should get a post tomorrow as I have the day off because theEx is dragging me back to court because she's trying to lower her child support. That's first thing in the morning and being as my wife hates riding in my car, I'm pretty sure we'll be going to court and back.

No comments:

Post a Comment