Sunday, January 14, 2018

Sunday Thoughts


You can see above about when I got up. Which isn't great because I probably will have trouble going to sleep tonight which means 4:45 am is going to come awfully early tomorrow morning.

I have no plans today, sit on my laptop and not do a damn thing. Cheri left not long after that photo was taken above to meet our oldest daughter in Indianapolis so it's just me and the kids. I'm sure they'll play video games most of the day but I don't have any extra money this week to go do anything. I do have some plans Tuesday that will take a little cash so I have to save what little I do have. Right now, I'm in my recliner, on my Chromebook and listening to my playlist.


I was going to mention this yesterday but I forgot. I keep track of who I listen to as far as music go, I do this for my stats as well as my Last Song of the Day blog. Last month, Taylor Swift was my most listened to artist. Why? Well because she released a new album and my wife if obsessed with her and will listen to it over and over for a few months. I get stuck in her car occasionally and she plays it.  Yesterday, we went shopping and once again, I got stuck in her car again. So guess who has a huge lead in this month's list? Cheri can't stand the type of music that Taylor plays now (Pop) other than a few songs but because it's T-Swift, she loves the album. I don't get it. I did add some of the songs on my playlist because a few of them weren't bad but to listen to that album over and over, I'll pass. I might have to start carrying headphones with me.

Day 378 - Friend, NE (1218.1 miles)

Since there is nothing going on today and usually most Sundays, I thought I would give a minor update on my steps for the year on Sundays.

You can see above that I'm still in Nebraska but I am heading West for the mountains. Good think I'm not actually walking in the mountains, I'd be dead. Here's some stats so far this year.

Goal = 1500 miles (4.1 miles/day)
Currently = 39.33 (3.02 miles/day)

That's not going so well. The 1500 miles a day goal is rounded up from 8,000 steps a day but because I've had more days off work than normal, I'm still quite a bit lower. A couple of Mondays off because of New Years and a court date as well as I have only worked one weekend so far, also because of the holidays. I generally average around 8,000 on work days so it'll be a matter of making up for my lazy weekends which in most cases will only be Sundays because I generally work most Saturdays. I imagine the miles per day will gradually go up as it gets warmer as well with home projects, mowing the lawn, ect. I won't be quite as lazy. Who knows, maybe I'll get out and walk the neighborhood occasionally.


After blogging the first half of this post, I took a break and got around to putting away the cards I've picked up the last couple of months. I tend to let them stack up until I get around to putting them all away. They are out of sight, so the wife doesn't usually complain but the drawer I keep them in was getting full.


I don't remember what she did to be a pain in the ass. We ended up hooking the Wii up because I had brought it up from downstairs. Cheri and I have talked about doing the yoga and stuff on the Wii Fit. We used to do it a few years ago and we both felt better, had a little more mobility so we thought we might try it again. Samantha and I got it set up and ended up doing a the balance games before starting to do the games. Trevor joined in after awhile and we ended up being on it until Cheri got home.

No comments:

Post a Comment