Friday, January 19, 2018

Better late than never

So I woke up this morning when my wife tapped me saying, Jeff, it's 5:51. Now I'm supposed to be at work by 6 and my alarm is set for 4:45 so needless to say, I was late. I rolled over to grab my phone to find out why the alarm didn't go off only to grab my charger with no phone attached. Apparently when I went to bed last night, I left my phone on the table between our chairs in the living room. I've never done that before. It was just odd that I did it at all.

We have personal time so I can call in and still get paid for it but you can only take it in 2 hour increments so I text the boss and told him I'd be in at 8. He text back that they were rubbing off on me.

Because I generally have damn near perfect attendance, I make fun of everyone who calls in or is late. So you know when I showed up, they harassed me big time. That's alright though, because my response was usually, would you like to compare attendance records. Yeah, I didn't think so.

Since I was already late, I stopped and hit the McDonalds drive-thru for some breakfast. Might as well. I got there even earlier than I normally do because I left earlier. The nice thing about showing up late though is I got a great parking spot.


I got my new barrel pump in today, only for it to stop working so we'll see what happens with that. The boss says he's going to try to fix it. Other than that, it was a pretty quick day since I skipped the first 2 hours.

I got home and was going to walk Milo but our neighborhood streets are still icy and between me slipping and Milo paws getting really cold walking on it, I decided against it. I was going to pull out the Wii again but yesterday, I pretty much stuck to the walking so I decided to just walk in place in the living room. That may actually be more physical since I tend to exaggerate my arm and leg movement. Hey, at least it's something. It's put me at over 10,000 steps for 3 days in a row.

After that, I took Trevor to meet theEx so he could spend the weekend with her. It wasn't a pleasant trip because of all the idiots on the roads. I had to lay on my horn 3 times and I only use the horn when I have to. I don't use it when someone pisses me off, I only use it when an accident is barely avoided.


Yes, I stopped and got gas, then hit Taco Bell, then home. We've been watching TV ever since. I'm working tomorrow so I won't be up real late, although it's already 20 till 11 and I just started an hour show so we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment