Thursday, January 25, 2018

Over the river and through the woods, with pizza

I got to work today, knowing I was going to have to make quite a bit of adds to get caught up from not having my pump for a week. So as usual, more stuff got thrown on me taking my time away. When I finished topping off the tanks, I had to pump out anodize rinse water into a tank that needs cleaning. One thing we have learned is Sulfuric is great for cleaning hard stuff. I use it in my lab once a week just to soak certain beakers that get crappy looking after a week of use. I let it soak in the beaker for a few hours and it looks like new. Anyways, I pumped over the rinse into our old black dye rinse to let it soak and hopefully make it easier to clean the dye off when we get around to doing it. Of course, this knocked an hour off of the time I use for my daily stuff.


Once I got my testing done, I decided to skip out on the decanting of the Anodizers to make time to knock off all the other adds. I made adds to the Soap, Etch and Seal tanks as well as got another Caustic barrel going to the Etch tank. I knocked them out relatively quick which was good since I was short on time.


I'm thinking with all those adds done, I can knock out the Anodizers in the morning and that should leave me some time to do a bunch of paper/computer work that they want me to do before the weekend. We are working Saturday so I do have an extra day to get it done.


After work, I came home, showered and went to pick up Trevor from the school. He had his J-Club (Academic team) practice/meeting. Then we came home, hung out, then headed for my grandmothers house. One thing I've learned this week is not to leave between 5 or 6 o'clock because it is a pain in the ass to get out of our neighborhood and out onto the main road. We got out and went to Bruno's to pick up the pizza then headed out.


She had a couple of surgeries on her hip and is restricted to putting absolutely no weight on it so she moves around with a wheelchair. Which of course is odd because before the hip issues, she could out walk me any day of the week. She is way more active than I am but once this time frame is over, she will hopefully be good to go back to resuming her normal activities.


My mom invited us all over so Cheri could give my grandmother a haircut, I'm pretty sure it was also a way to get us over there because I'm a horrible grandson and don't visit. Which wouldn't be bad if I had an active life, but all we do is sit around and do nothing and I still can't take the time. It isn't like I ignore her, to be honest, I just don't think about it and once I do, I'm already home and in my PJ's and don't want to leave.


I'm just not a surprise, here we are, type of guest so unless I plan on showing up, I don't think about it. I'm that way with everyone. I love my family and I love hanging out with them, even if we're not doing anything I always have a good time just chit chatting, but I just don't like just showing up, even if I know they wouldn't care.


Cheri ended up cutting Samantha and Trevor's hair as well. She figured she might as well while she had hair on the floor. Afterwards, we headed home. I probably could have gone to bed around 9 but that's to early, and now I'm awake and it's closing in on midnight. It's like a never ending cycle sometimes. That's going to make it hard to do all the computer work tomorrow. That tends to make me drowsy when I don't get much sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment