Thursday, January 4, 2018

Lots of Snow

6 posts in 4 days, including 4 days in a row, I must be dreaming. You could say I'm kicking ass in the resolution this year, even though it wasn't really a resolution.

When I left this morning, I pulled out onto the main road off our neighborhood and went to accelerate and my tires just spun because it was pure ice. So right then and there, I decided that I was going to take the main roads all the way to work. Normally I take back roads but for the first time, I deemed the roads unsafe and drove through town. The roads were much better that way and I realized it only took me about 5 minutes longer than usual so that worked out.

Pretty boring day, had all kinds of problems with the line running again but I had stuff to do with the tanks so I was good. Plus I got to kill some time eating a donut and filling out an anonymous survey about the company.

I've decided that I just must be getting old because all the people I work with have a good time, joking around and such but I just don't think a lot of what they say is all that funny. I'm all for cutting up and goofing off but it just isn't my kind of humor. Don't get me wrong, I like everyone I work with and get along with them. I just find myself standing with the group with a big smile like I'm laughing but I'm not. It's really bad in the morning meeting but I think a lot of that is I'm just not awake yet. I work with a bunch of mid 20's employees but they are actually the ones I get along with for the most part.

They posted that we were working Saturday because of all the issues with the lines. No biggy, I have a vacation day for Monday already so I still get a 2 day weekend. I have to go back to court so the judge can continue to tell me that theEx doesn't have to pay support.

I got off, headed home (took the back roads) and picked up Samantha to run her to a friends house then back home for my shower. Just as I was getting out of the shower, my phone rings and it's my mom asking me to run to my grandma's house and measure her doorstep for a ramp because she'll be going home in a wheelchair, hopefully tomorrow. We got all that figured out and my uncle just happened to show up which worked out because he had a garage door opener and I was able to get her shovel out and do her sidewalk and driveway before I left. Now when I was out shoveling, it wasn't snowing and it was decent, except for being very cold.

I leave and start heading home, I get just up the road and all of the sudden, the snow is just coming down with big flakes (lake effect).


I posted that and once I turned off the North/South rode, it just stopped. Usually lake effect isn't that patchy, it tends to lighten up the further you get away from Lake Michigan but not patchy. It was just weird.

I got home and proceeded with our usual ritual of chilling in our recliners. Nothing exciting. As I was researching my driving for this post, I found out the main roads are actually about 5 miles shorter which would explain why it didn't take me much longer even though it's much slower and a lot more traffic. We'll see how bad the roads are tomorrow. It's still supposed to snow through tomorrow night, possibly 4-8 more inches but we all know how accurate the weather can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment