Saturday, March 24, 2012

What age should kids ride in the front seat?

I promised you an award winning post tonight, and I’ve typed it out but it’s set to post tomorrow while I’m on my way to Indianapolis with the family for the Zoo and the Children’s Museum.

I dropped the kids off to the JackAss yesterday, who doesn’t like me anymore because I ratted him out to his wife.  He text’s my wife and I all the time making fun of theEx, which is fine, but I think he’s been making stuff up so I try to take the kids from my ex.  I sat down with her last week and started showing her some of his texts where he is making fun of her and even one that said, I love her but I hope she leaves me.  And he’s been telling me things that she says isn’t true or things that she didn’t know anything about.  So she confronted him that night and he texted me and says I thought I could trust you.  Whatever.  Anyways, fast forward till last night.  He meets me at the meeting place and has my 9 year old daughter get in the front seat.  I was pissed.  I called up theEx and told her that she needs to talk to him and make sure she’s not riding in the front.  She agreed with what I told her and said she’d talk to him.

Next thing I know, I’m getting a text from him for me not to worry about what goes on in my house and that it’s their rules when they are with them.  I wasn’t going to get into it with him.  So I texted the ex and told her to tell her girlfriend to stop texting me.  He texted me something else.  I told her to tell her girlfriend to stop texting me.  She sends a final text that says he reads all her texts.  And?  Like I care.  Then he texts me and says “I’ll make you think girlfriend next time I see you, pussy".  Now that’s me translating his gibberish and misspelling because the guy is a moron.  I was shaking in my shoes, trembling from head to toe.  Well, that’s more because I was laughing my ass off.  Whatever, bring it girlfriend.  I have no respect for someone that gets upset when they are called a name.  Especially girlfriend.  I’ve been called way worse and I don’t get upset.  You call me a name and expect me to get upset, you’ll be highly disappointed.  I’ve said before that I don’t care what you think so why would I care what your opinion about me is.

He texted my wife and told her that I said she was a cripple.  We had a good laugh about that.  And now I call her my little cripple.  He also said that he would keep Sam in the back from now on so he wasn’t causing any fights.

So tonight, I was running Samantha to a friends birthday party and had a talk to her.  I asked her if she remembered how quickly that guy pulled out in front of us on his bike, how it happened like that (snapped my fingers).  I told her, what would have happened if she was sitting in the front seat and something happens, because it happens quickly.  I explained to her how fast the airbag comes out and that it could possibly kill her instantly.  And that I don’t want to lose her over something that stupid as her sitting in the front seat.  I had her lean forward and read the warning label on my visor.  I also told her if anybody asks her to get in the front seat of the car that she needs to refuse.  I don’t care where she is, that she is to call me and I will come get her.

I feel horrible for scaring her like that but she does not need to be in the front seat.  And I told her I wasn’t mad at her for getting in the front because he told her too.  I also told her that I wasn’t trying to be a mean dad, but that I couldn’t imagine losing her.  I’m not sure if I did the right thing but it’s done now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment