Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Slow day of the Musically Challenged


Are you Jelly?
Today’s craving was?  Jelly Beans.  It must be spring because I was craving some Jelly Beans.  Good thing Easter is rolling around because if this craving doesn’t go away, it’ll be easier to satisfy.


WTF Parents
Have you heard about the huge protest over Nick Jr. because they took some show called “Moose and Zee” off the air.  Me neither, but the blogger over at http://stfuparentsblog.com did a 3 part post on them.  Here, here and here.  These parents are freaking crazy over their electronic babysitter.  I’ve been upset they took a show off the air, but seriously, these people are freaking nuts.  If your kids are that addicted to a TV show, the cancelling of the show is the least of your problems.  My kids have had their shows that they like to watch.  But they have never been so into a show that they even knew what time a it was on, let alone noticed they missed an episode.

Insane in the Membrane
This is starting to become a daily feature.  Which I guess doesn’t surprise me since I’m always getting stuff stuck in my head.  This morning we started off with this.
And I’m free, free fallin’
That’s really all I kept singing.  Over and over.  Tom Petty, all morning long.  Even belted it out a few times, got a few odd looks at work.  But today, I ended up with 3 songs in my head.  And I really have no clue where any of them came from.  The Tom Petty song I think I might have heard on “The Voice” last night.  But the other 2 songs, no idea.  After my first break, this is what I was singing.
sing us a song you're the piano man
sing us a song tonight
well we're all in the mood for a melody
and you got us all feeling alright
Ask Adam, he knows I had it in my head.  When I serenaded him from afar.  I like to sing the old 80’s songs to him because he’s like me and gets them stuck in his head.
And during my “happy time” as Frank likes to call it, I ended up with a 3rd song in my head.  Before I get to the song, I should probably explain my “happy time”.  When I get to work, I’m cranky, I’m tired, and I don’t really talk to anybody.  Then after my first break, I’m awake, more talkative, my usual self.  Then about 11 o’clock, I get really tired and sleepy.  Then after my lunch break, I’m wide awake and it’s my “happy time”.  I’m pumped to get the hell out of work and you can tell.  So back to the song, after break, it’s all about some Hall & Oates.
(Because your kiss) your kiss is on my list
(Because your kiss) your kiss is on my list
Because (your kiss is on my list) of the best things in life
(Because your kiss) your kiss is on my list
(Because your kiss) your kiss I can't resist
(Because your kiss is what I miss) when I turn off the light
Yeah, absolutely no idea where that one came from.  But such Is the life in the head of a musically challenged individual.



No comments:

Post a Comment