Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Happy Birthday Baby!

Today, my wife turns the ripe old age of 39.  I can say ripe and old because I don’t turn 39 until June.  Therefore, she’s old and I’m not. 

It’s been a trying year for us.  All the new diagnosis, treatments, new aches and pains.  But it’s been a good year for us too, because we are together.  2 years ago at this time, we were 600 miles away from each other, in love, but only getting to spend a weekend every few months together.  But I’ll save that story for another time.

We are here now and happy.  Grateful that we can spend our birthday’s together.  We don’t have much planned.  Neither of us really care about our birthday’s.  We are both happy to have them come and go without nobody noticing.  My mom’s going to watch the kids for us, I’m sure the teenager will be running around with her friends, so we are going to go and have supper together.  Which sometime can be a rarity for us to actually take the time and sit down in a restaurant.  It’s her birthday, so she got to pick where we are going.  She wanted to go somewhere that we hadn’t been before so we are going to Tilt-A-Kilt.  We’ve been hearing how great their food is, so we are going to check it out tonight.  Just a night alone with my baby to celebrate her birthday.

Regardless of whether or not we go all out for our birthdays, I wanted to take the time to tell the love of my life, Happy Birthday.  And I look forward to many, many more birthday’s together.

No comments:

Post a Comment