Wednesday, January 3, 2018

2017 Stats

Well, it's the beginning of the year so it's time to look back at 2017. If your new here, I keep track of a few things and some websites keep track as well. Let get to it.

If you've been around, you know I keep track of where I eat. While the top 2 places haven't changed, some of the other's have. First off, the bottom of the list.


  • 1 time - Applebees, Bob Evans, Cappy's, Cracker Barrel, Fuji Japanese, the Golden Egg, Happy Cooker, Mancino's, Nelson's, Puerta Vallerta, Qdoba, Red Lobster, Sonic, Steak N Shake, Subway, TGI Friday's
You'll notice a lot of those places are sit down restaurants, the wife and I don't do those very often. We much prefer to eat at home so if we're out and we eat, we hit a drive-thru and take it home. My brother and I hit Applebees on the way home from Michigan games and I went to 1 this year. Bob Evans, Fuji Japanese and Puerta Vallerta we ate at when we were out of town. Nelson's I have at a local festival every year. Red Lobster we only do when they have their unlimited shrimp and my mom took me to TGI Friday's.
  • 2 times - 7-eleven, Buffalo Wild Wings, Fazoli's, Hacienda, Martin's Deli, Penguin Point, Rise 'n Roll, Wings ect.
Yes, 7-eleven is a gas station but their hot dogs are extremely good. Martin's Deli is the deli at the local grocery store but they have the best fried chicken, ever. Rise 'n Roll is an Amish donut shop, we call the donuts Amish crack.
  • 3 times - Chik-Fil-A, Rally's, Smith's Food Mart
We love Chik-Fil-A and Rally's but neither are "right around the corner" and there are only 1 or 2 around so if we're not nearby, we don't get it. Smith's Food Mart is another gas station but I love their pizza puff's.
  • 4 times - 5-guys, Dairy Queen, Dunkin Donuts, Flippin' Cow, Pizza Hut
Love 5-guys but the only one is at the mall and the traffic there sucks. Dunkin Donuts are all from people bringing it in at work. Love the Flippin' Cow to but it's not cheap, the best burger's around. Pizza Hut is our go to delivery pizza place when we're to broke to afford the good stuff.
  • 5 times - Little Ceasers, Long John Silvers
Little Ceaser's is our go to cheap pizza if we're out and heading home. We like Long John Silver's but it's not cheap so we generally only go there when it's the wife and I.
  • 7 times - Arby's
It's right on the corner next to Walgreens and Martin's supermarket so we tend to hit it after those places.
  • 9 times - Burger King
This is my go to fast food burger place. I like the rodeo king. Had one today as a matter of fact. Burger King was in the top 5 for 3 of the 5 years I've done this.

Now to the top 10. Oddly enough, I think every year I've done this (since 2013) my top 5 were also the only ones in double digits. I checked, in 2014 I had 6 in double digits but it's still odd.

5th place
  • 10 times - Wendy's
This is also a go to fast food for burgers but again, it's not as close as others. The reason it's higher is because I was able to get there and back from work in half an hour. It's the first time it was in the top 5 and it will probably drop back down next year because I no longer work at that plant.

4th place

  • 17 times - Bruno's
Bruno's wasn't even in the top 10 the first few years but since we've moved into our house, it has been our go to pizza place that delivers to the house. It's a little more expensive, but it's worth it. We've lived here 2 years and it's been in the top 5 ever since.

3rd place

  • 19 times - Jimmy John's
What's funny with Jimmy John's is we had never eaten there until 2015, then we had it twice, because our daughter worked there. Then didn't eat there at all in 2016. What happened in 2017? They opened up one closer to us. They don't deliver to us because we are just out of range but we do love it.

2nd place

  • 28 times - Taco Bell
We do love the bell, this is the 5th year out of the 5 years I've been doing this that they have been in 2nd place. This is our favorite fast food place, it's where we go when we don't know what we want. Oddly enough, it loses out every year to one of my least favorite fast food places.

1st place

  • 32 times - McDonald's
The only time I go to McDonald's is for breakfast or when they have the McRib. Other than those occasions, I'm not a fan of theirs. They always end up on top though. It's been the top place the last 5 years. The last couple of months, I haven't had it very often and Taco Bell slowly crept up so I'm guessing McDonald's will lose their top spot next year.


As you should know, since there is a link to the right, that I use Goodreads to keep track of the books I'm reading. I take the challenge every year to read an x number amount of books. I didn't meet my goal this year but that's partly because I switched positions at work and have less break time then I used to and I only read on my breaks.


I had pledged to read 50 books which was 5 more than the previous year but like I said, I switched jobs and have less break time, therefore, less reading time. I can't decide what I want to make my challenge this year.


There's the 31 books I read last year and here is the chart comparing to previous years.


I started using Goodreads full time in 2012 but not at the beginning of the year so that is an inaccurate number.


In previous years, DVD's were listed here but last year, I didn't watch any all year. With streaming being more of an option now a days, we just don't rent them. Not to mention, we don't even have a player hooked up to our TV anymore.

I watched 6 movies in the Theaters this year. 6 movies is the most in all the years I've kept track of this (4 years). 6, and I never got around to seeing Justice League, Thor or the new Star Wars which I would have paid to see.

I watched 11 movies on TV. By on TV, I mean either it was broadcasted or on Xfinity On Demand.

I watched 22 movies by streaming. Those would be through Netflix or online.


Sports watched. Either on TV or live.
  • Football (14 games) - If I had to guess, I'd say 13 games were Michigan games and the Super Bowl. I don't watch any pro anymore except the Super Bowl and to be honest, I watch it from the commercials.
  • Basketball (32 games) - Most of these are Michigan games as well but it's split between the woman's and the men's team as I watch both when they are on TV.
  • Baseball (56 games) - Most of these are White Sox games. Probably the all-star game as well and possibly a couple of Michigan games as they don't broadcast them very often.
Sports participated in.
  • Softball (2 games) - I got 2 games in before I had to retire because I'm to fat and old.

You know I keep my step stats because of the walking posts on here.

I walked a total of 2,512,306 steps which equals out to 1,178.8 miles. I had 59 days where I walked over 10,000 steps and 1 day where I walked over 15,000 steps.


I drove a total of 8.634.9 miles this year. Those are all miles I logged behind the wheel of any car. Mine, my wife's, my mom's and my brothers. I can't think of any other's that I drove but there may be some. To bad I couldn't keep track of forklift mileage, I would have had a bunch there as well.


I kept track of my beverage consumption this past year as well. I honestly thought there would be a lot more listed but apparently I don't vary to often.
  • Mellow Yellow (1) - My daughter slips this past me thinking it was a Mountain Dew.
  • Iced Tea (2) - I believe I was given 2 cans of tea at work one day, that's where they came from.
  • Root Beer (4) - Most of this was from the drive-in. We got a bunch of it for our daughter's graduation party.
  • Sweet Tea (36) - Most if not all of this is from McDonald's.
  • Gatorade/Powerade (99) - I tend to drink one of these after work on hot days and occasionally when I'm thirsty but not in the mood for water.
  • Coca-Cola (159) - I get this at most restaurants because nobody carries Pepsi. I also keep cans in the house and a lot of times, have one with my supper.
  • Orange Juice (226) - I like a cup of OJ in the morning but I generally only drink it on work days.
  • Mountain Dew (293) - This is my favorite soft drink but I try to limit how much since I used to drink way to much of it.
  • Water (339) - I try to only drink water at home and work but I'm not a fan of drinking water with food, which is when I drink pop. I should drink a lot more than I do.
That's all I got for you this year. I've only added one thing else that I'm keeping track of next year but technically, it's for another blog.

1 comment:

  1. I'd probably be shocked if I kept stats of the place we ate at also, I know Micky Dees wouldn't be on my list at all, maybe once in the last couple of years and that was only for the Grandson.

    ReplyDelete