Sunday, October 21, 2012

Days 4-6, weekend edition

I bunched all 3 of these days together because I don’t really have much to say in regards to them.

Day 4 (Friday) – Dropped the kids off at school and came home and crashed on the couch.  Cheri and I have reverted to what we did while we were dating with 600 miles between us, talk on the phone until we are both about ready to fall asleep on each other.  Half the time we aren’t even talking, that’s just how we used to hang out together.  But we usually end up staying up way later than normal.  So I crashed, for about 4 hours.

I got called into work for the first time, ever.  I told them I couldn’t come in because I had to get the kids.  I might have gone in for the overtime, it was just bad timing.  Now they will probably never call me again.  I don’t mind going in like that because I can come and go whenever I like.  I don’t have to stay 12 hours since I volunteered to come in.

I dropped school pictures off to theEx’s sister for her and their mom (theEx doesn’t buy school pictures) and then dropped the kids off to theEx.  I called my mom to ribshacksee if she was going to be home so I could hit her up and see if she wanted to buy some nuts for the Girl Scouts.  She said they were heading out for supper but I could join them there.  We went to the Rib Shack in my hometown.  This place has a lot of memories as we went there at least once a week for a lot of my preteen and teen years.  It has been sold and has changed a bit but it all looks the same.  We always sat at the same table and there was a framed picture of some dogs sliding down some wood.  It’s no longer there but it has so much history with our family that my mom asked if they still had it because she was going to buy it for my brother and I.  I just spent an hour Googling and trying to find that painting that hung there and couldn’t find it.  I’m not sure what means more to the family anymore, the Rib Shack or that painting.  Put it this way, if I had managed to come up with the picture of the painting I would have been excited.  That says a lot.

theEx actually told the kids that she would take them to a family dance at the school.  I was shocked, I was even more shocked when she actually took them.  I won’t go into their costumes as she doesn’t like to spend any money on the kids.  Samantha’s consisted of a Cowboy hat, vest and boots that were all her mom’s to begin with.  Trevor wore the costume he wore last year.  Samantha did text me after the dance.

Screenshot_2012-10-21-12-55-26    Screenshot_2012-10-21-12-55-32

Of course, as you can tell by the conversation, she texted to brag about hanging out with Blaine.

Day 5 (Saturday) – Slept till 10, didn’t get out of bed till around 11.  Went to Taco Bell for lunch, watched Michigan beat Michigan State and that was pretty much it.  Nothing was on TV so I watched the first 6 episodes of Firefly on Netflix.  Ate some Wheat Thins for supper around 10 that night.  Then Cheri called and kept me up till almost 2.  We both decided that we are pretty pathetic because we hate being apart.  As much as I enjoy my alone time, I miss just chilling with her and it definitely sucks sleeping alone again.  She says Chris is doing really well so we’ll see if she decides to come home early.  Here’s a picture of the sky that I took when I ran to Taco Bell, I decided I better get my ass home.  If you follow me on Instagram, then you’ve already seen this.

Day 6 (Sunday, today) – Slept till 11.  I’m going be so tired at work tomorrow because I will not be able to go to sleep at a decent hour tonight.  My plans for today, right now I’m blogging, listening to Spotify and watching the Colts game.  The Colts are my pick for an elimination tournament at work.  After the game I have to run out to the Boy Scout leaders and turn in popcorn orders, then go to the Girl Scout leaders and turn in nut orders.  Then head to Martin’s for some groceries.  Cheri keeps complaining because I’ve reverted to eating one meal a day again.  It’s only on days I don’t work, and I go back to work tomorrow.  But I have to pick up some suppers for the kids and I this week as well.  At least I don’t have to pick up more cat food like I thought, Kitty died in a horrible accident today.  She drove her hammock into the patio door.  At least there is no blood to clean off the carpet.  Picture also via Instagram, you should follow (jlaws13)

Anyways, after going to the grocery store, I’m hitting Mancino’s for supper than picking up the kids and heading home for the best show on TV.  That’s right boys and girls, Sunday nights are reserved for “The Walking Dead”.  Cheri, if your reading this, do not call between 9 and 10.  I have my priorities.

zzz-trackoftheday

  • Artist – Madonna
  • Song – Crazy for You
  • Album – the Immaculate Collection

totd-screencap02

Today’s track of the day is fitting because it has to do with Cheri and I back when we were dating.  I would always tell her how she was beautiful or sexy and she would reply, your crazy.  So I would start singing this song to her.  I know, cheesy as hell but what can I say.  I was (and still am) in love.  She put it on the aforementioned CD that she made me.

You’ll notice that I used the Immaculate Collection instead of the original album.  When I’m going through the artists page, the first thing I do is look for greatest hits albums to pick the songs from.  It’s just easier than going through a bunch of albums.

2 comments:

  1. I think it's great that you're still in love, even though you've made me feel guilty that I've never sung to my wife. Not that I can carry a tune or anything....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never said I could carry a tune either. She was usually begging me to stop.

      Delete