Saturday, March 24, 2012

Spring has Sprung

We all know the temps have been great.  But I got a couple of phone call’s last week that officially announced spring is here.  Time for baseball/softball practice.  Samantha had her first practice on Thursday night.

x2

It was great being out to the ballpark again.  I haven’t officially been asked to help coach but it usually happens.  I never get asked during the practices, but when games start and other coaches can’t make games, I usually end up getting asked.  I’ve been Samantha’s coach every year she’s played even though I’ve never signed up to be.  They see me at all the practices and all the games, and they usually see me working with Samantha and I get asked.  While I do love helping out, I’m perfectly content sitting and watching as well.  So it doesn’t really matter to me.

Trevor hasn’t started his practice’s yet, his coach mentioned spring break but we’ll see.  I have a little more trouble helping him as he doesn’t know which way to bat or throw.  He’ll pick up a bat or the ball and do it right or left handed.  He’s left handed in “real life” so I try to teach him left handed.  But as he get’s older I’ll introduce him to switch hitting.  Once in awhile I have to remind him to hit left handed now when he goes up to bat.  I don’t think he thinks about it, just goes up there and stands in the first batters box he gets to.

x

I tried to catch the sky above the ball field.  It didn’t help I was using my phone I guess.

I’ll try to get another post up later today on my award winning blog, that’s right, I got an award.  If I don’t get it up today, it’ll probably go Monday because we are taking the kids to the Indianapolis Zoo and Children’s Museum.tomorrow.  Leaving at 6am.  So much for sleeping in on the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment