Monday, January 9, 2023

This Week - Journal

 

Monday (January 2nd)

My mom and stepdad came by and picked me up for breakfast. We went to Copper Creek again. We met my aunt, uncle, cousin and his wife there. Food was great, as always. Love the Greek Skillet. I will miss these breakfast get together's on Monday when I go back to work. Only issue I had was I had slept in my contacts and my eye was bugging the crap out of me. I took them out once I got home.

I worked on My Sports Obsession's year in review and posted it. I need to work on the one for this blog. Maybe tonight.

Pretty much hung out and watched TV until this evening. Cheri and I ran some stuff to Whole Foods to use the Amazon Drop Off and grabbed some Sonic for supper. We came home and I went looking for something to watch so we're trying Three Pines on Prime.

We didn't stick with Three Pines, Cheri thought it was too boring so I'll add it to the long list of shows that I'll watch when I'm alone. We're watching Black Adam now, she won't like it, it's not her type of movie but I've been wanting to see it so here we are.

Black Adam wasn't bad but it wasn't great either. I felt like those DC characters were generic Marvel characters. We also watched Blacklight with Liam Neeson. Again, not bad but not great.


Tuesday (January 3rd)

Woke up a couple of minutes before my alarm because work called. I wasn't too pissed since I was getting up in 2 minutes anyways, other than they woke up my wife.

My cousin picked me up and we headed to the local card show and spent about 6 hours there sorting cards. I did baseball and sorted them by players. I ended up filling up a 5 row box of all the cards I sorted.

Came home and ran to Taco Bell for supper. Now just trying to find something to watch. Tried Kaleidoscope but the wife wasn't into it. She doesn't pay enough attention to anything so it has to be really good for her to stay with it. I'll add it to my list of shows to watch when she's not around. We ended up looking for a movie on the Fire Stick, picked one and as always, it wasn't what we picked but it had Owen Wilson so we watched it anyways. It was called Secret Headquarters. It was alright, had it's funny parts but some of the action was pretty cheesy.


Wednesday (January 4th)

Woke up earlier to take Duke to the vet, he's getting a tooth extracted today. Cheri's really worried because they have to put him to sleep but she's not too bad since he's been put to sleep a couple of times without issues. Hit Taco Bell for my breakfast and then McDonalds for hers then headed home.

Been down in my card room scanning and logging some cards that I brought home yesterday and then worked on some spreadsheets.

The vet called and said Duke did well and we can pick him up at 4. I'm sure Cheri is relieved.

Duke is home now and Cheri will baby him back to health. We'll probably watch TV the rest of the evening but I'm not sure what we're doing for supper. I'll probably end up running out and getting something since she won't want to leave Duke even though he's just laying around.

I was right, I ran down to Subway (blah!) which I'm not a big fan of but that's what Cheri wanted. I was right, neither of us were all that happy with the food. There's a reason I've only eaten there one other time since 2020.


Thursday (January 5th)

Not too much happening today. I was going to go to breakfast with my uncles and cousin if I woke up before 9 but I ended up sleeping until almost 9:30. My cousin and I were going to go card shopping but we both decided we weren't in the mood and then I sat around for an hour playing on my phone while Cheri watched TV. I couldn't decide if I wanted to go work in my card room.

Work called me to do their Thursday check in and informed me that I will go back on Monday at my usual time so we'll see how that goes. My Plant Manager is supposed to call me today to let me know but I wouldn't be surprised if I don't hear from him. Not long after, my 3rd shift operator called me to bitch about maintenance not listening to him. I told him now you understand why I can't get anything done on 1st when it comes to dealing with them. They always think they know better. I tend to pace when talking on the phone for awhile so once I hung up with him, I decided to head downstairs. I don't really have much card stuff to do so I'll probably work on blogs and spreadsheets while I decide if I want to do anything else.

All the TV shows are coming back so we'll be sticking with the DVR for the most part for awhile in the evenings.


Friday (January 6th)

I ran over to Sluggos after I got up and we headed to Schererville to the Baseball Card Exchange. We hung out for a couple of hours between shopping and Sluggo talking. I picked up a couple cards for me and a couple for a guy I trade with Ann Arbor.

Just got teared up at the ending of Call Me Kat. Such a touching ending about the loss of Leslie Jordan. He was one of my wife's favorite people, and I like him as well so that news hit us a little bit.

We've been screwing around and looking more into the streaming in order to drop cable. I'm not sure what we're going to do. Essentially, the only reason we have cable which cost just over $100/month is so I can watch Michigan and White Sox games. Most everything else can be streamed and watched elsewhere. We've spent most of the evening working on it.


Saturday (January 7th)

I slept in way too long. I didn't wake up until 10 am which is going to make it really tough to get back into the routine work schedule of waking up at 3:45 am.

I got up and unhooked the cable box and DVR and put them in a bag and the wife and I headed out to pick up groceries and drop off the boxes to Xfinity. We got there and they told us we couldn't cancel the cable because we just signed a contract. Apparently when I talked to them last week, he signed us up for a whole new contract without even telling us. So now I have to call and get them to cancel the contract that I never signed up for. I tried calling outside the Xfinity store but after half an hour, I gave up so we could go get lunch. I even left it on the phone call the whole time we drove to Copper Creek before hanging up. 

We came home after lunch and I hooked up the cable box (since I couldn't cancel it) to watch the Michigan/Michigan State basketball game and neither one of the boxes would work so I ended up streaming the game. They wonder why I want to cancel it. I'll call them tomorrow and drop everything off after work on Monday.

Went looking for something to watch this evening and settles on the Rig on Netflix. Only a couple episodes in and it's alright, intriguing enough to keep my interest. I'm not sure my wife likes it though.


Sunday (January 8th)

Set my alarm for 8 am. Still didn't get up until after 9. I didn't sleep the whole time between 8 and 9 but enough. Although it's after noon now and I still feel tired. I hate feeling tired, it's how I feel on work days but it needs to be done so I can get some sleep tonight. I can't be up until 2:30 in the morning again and plan on getting up at 3:45, that won't work, at all.

It's been a very blah day, I haven't really been into doing anything. I sat at my desk downstairs for awhile just scrolled through Reddit. I don't know if it's because I have to go back to work or other personal issues but I'm just very down today.

No comments:

Post a Comment