Thursday, January 5, 2023

This week - Eating Out

I feel like we are eating out a lot right now. I need to go back to work just to pay for everything. I go back to work on Monday so I'm guessing this will get a lot smaller next week.

Thursday (12/29)

I traveled with some family up to Ann Arbor on Thursday evening and me hit the local Texas Roadhouse. We were on the road for a basketball game at Michigan and we were on a time crunch. We were on the road and still about 40 minutes out and my brother got on the app and put our name in which was great. When we got there, we were the next ones up which was really great because of the time crunch. We got seated, ordered and everything went well, other than I had to eat fast which I hate doing. The food and service was great and I loved that we could check out right at the table, except that I had planned on using cash but since we were in a hurry, I just used the debit card so we could get out quicker.


Friday (12/30)

When I'm home and the wife goes to the Chiropractor, I usually tag along and we go to Culver's afterwards which is right up the road. I generally don't even get out of my PJ's because I sit in the car at the Chiropractor and we hit the drive thru at Culver's and sit in the car and eat in the parking lot, which is what we did.

It's rare for anything bad to happen when we go to Culver's but this time it wasn't the greatest. I still have it a green, but marked an F for food being the issue. We ordered and pulled up to wait for our food. And waited, and waited. That alone is rare but the reason I mentioned it was because when we pulled up, they were bringing food out and cleared a couple of cars. Then nothing. We sat for a good 8-10 minutes before anybody else got any food. That's the rarity because they are usually pretty efficient. I marked the F (stands for food, not a grade) because the fry's weren't their usual crispy self and our cups of cheese were barely warm. I gave them a green still but I don't usually mark down for having to wait because a lot of places just can't get help and that's generally the reason. I'm pretty patient but I like my food to be good as well.


Saturday (12/31)

Picked up Taco Bell on the way home for Cheri. She ordered on the app and I had her get me a Mountain Dew. I pulled up, gave her name and they said they didn't have anymore Sierra Mist (for Cheri) so I changed it to a Mountain Dew. Pulled up and he informed me they ran out of Mountain Dew as well. Had I not already paid for it in the app, I would have just cancelled my drink because I wanted a Dew but since it was already paid, I came home with 2 Pepsi's. They got her food right as in her changes to her Chalupa but they didn't give her the nachos or cheese. The O stands for Out (Mountain Dew & Sierra Mist) and S for shorted (Nachos & Cheese).


Monday (1/2)

We went up to Copper Creek Cafe for some breakfast. Everything was perfect, food was great, service was great. Had a little bit of a wait to sit down but that doesn't bother me as they were pretty busy.

Cheri and I went to Sonic Drive-In for supper. Ordered on the app, pulled into our stall, checked in and the food came pretty quickly which is rare. We usually have to wait awhile there. Food was pretty good and correct so no complaints here.


Tuesday (1/3)

Ordered some Taco Bell and the app and went and picked it up. They redeemed themselves as everything was good. They even put a lot of the extras (lettuce, cheese, tomatoes) in. Everything was correct and they didn't forget anything.


Wednesday (1/4)

Hit the drive-thru at Taco Bell this morning for some breakfast. I ordered the crunch wrap meal and they gave me the box meal which was fine. I would have ordered that had I noticed it before I ordered. Or maybe that is the meal now, who knows. It comes with a side of hash browns that didn't come with the meal before. Everything was great. That's 3 out of the last 4 good. Compared to the 3 out of 5 bad previous to those, they are definitely getting better.

Hit the drive-thru this morning for my wife's breakfast. Her order was all there and good. That's 4 green in a row for McDonalds over the last month or so.

I went in and grabbed a couple of subs for supper. The only reason they got a yellow instead of red was because I wasn't expecting much. I generally don't eat at Subway, I'm not a fan of it. I've only eaten there one other time in the last 2 years but my wife was craving an Italian BMT. I figured I'd try out one of the Signature sandwiches. It looked nothing like the picture, which wasn't a surprise. Both sandwiches were cold and I had them toasted, makes me wonder if he even turned on the toaster oven thingy. The service was good, food sucked. Not surprisingly.


Thursday (1/5)

Sent the kids to pick up from our usual Chinese take-out. It was great, as usual. No complaints at all. We don't usually go there when we're feeding 4 because it's pricey.


Friday (1/6)

Taco Bell again? I know, but Sluggo and I were out and about and it was there. It was another good run though as I gave it all green but with me, all you have to do is give me everything, I didn't have any customizations that the wife usually does. We actually ate in since we were on the road.

Since I ate the above on my way home, when we got home, my wife wanted Taco Bell so I went out and grabbed some for her and it was actually a green as well, even with the customations. That's 4 straight green. I might actually starting to have faith in them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment