Monday, January 23, 2023

This Week - Journal

Monday (January 16th)

I tried to sleep in my bed last night. That didn't go well. I think the CPAP made it worse. I ended up just putting my legs and head up like I was in my recliner, took off the CPAP and went right to sleep so I'm guessing that's what I'll do tonight.

Work sucked, nothing was going right with the line. Boiler issues, Air issues, the whole damn line is an issue.

Went to Tractor Supply and picked up dog food, hit Martin's on the way home to pick up some ranch and then came home and finished my Frank Thomas box so I'll probably run by the card shop tomorrow after work.

I might crash early tonight, I'm pretty tired already. Been fighting dozing off for the last hour.


Tuesday (January 17th)

Nothing terribly exciting today at work. The line actually ran well. They are talking about doing 5 days now this week, of course, I also heard they were going to take 4 hours off everybody so who knows.

After work, I ran to the card shop and dropped off the box of Frank Thomas cards and gave him $10 for the ones I kept. Came home and Samantha was here, we chatted and watched a movie while she did her laundry.


Wednesday (January 18th)

I have to admit, I forgot how great it is to leave work at 1. I have so much time at home when I get there. Although, I filled up on gas and went to Goodwill to drop some stuff off so for the 3rd day, I haven't come straight home yet.

Cheri was in the storage area, cleaning and organizing for the 3rd day in a row. She's going nuts down there but it makes her happy. Once she got done, we ran to Goodwill (2nd time today for me) and dropped a couple more items off. Then UPS to return some Amazon stuff and grabbed some supper. I had Chick-Fil-A and Cheri had Sonic.


Thursday (January 19th)

Next week I'm getting my 3rd shift wastewater guy back so I can go back to doing my job. Travis thanked me for pulling the numbers for all of our production vs all our scrap and put it into charts for him to present in a meeting. He also asked for all of our downtime for last year which I had to update 1st because I hadn't done much with it since taking over the department. About an hour before I left they told me that we will be swapping my wastewater operators, one week the 3rd shift guy, one week the 1st shift guy, that way everybody is getting some hours until it picks back up.

I came home and went to the card room to work on the Frank Thomas cards I got. I didn't get too far before I just laid on the couch and took a nap because I knew Cheri wouldn't let me sleep if I went upstairs.

I tried to watch the Michigan game tonight, I got about 3/4 of it before the stream cut out and I couldn't get it back. They weren't playing that great anyways but still. I think I'll struggle a lot more to get basketball games in then I will football or baseball but we'll see. Such is the way of a cord cutter.


Friday (January 20th)

I actually slept normal last night. CPAP and didn't have to elevate my head and legs so much. Hopefully I'm about over this cold.

Slow day at work. We had our daily MRB meeting and I had a coughing fit. I mean, real bad. I almost threw up a couple of times because I was coughing so hard. I heard one guy say this is what happens right before they become a vampire. I have no idea what triggered it. I left at noon because I hit my 40 hours.

I saw my cousin was at the card shop so I went over there and chatted with them for a bit before coming home.


Saturday (January 21st)

After my good sleep the night before, Cheri decided to sleep in the same room again. I fell asleep ok but I woke up at some point, coughing my head off. Every time I thought I was going to stop coughing, I'd start up again. I decided I better move to the recliner so Cheri can sleep. I rolled over and she was already gone. Damn it! 

Had to get up early for the weekend. My cousin and I went to set up at a pretty big card show but it was just under 3 hours away in Lima, OH. It was a pretty great show, we did well and it was packed most of the day. Had a good time as I usually do at shows. Always great hanging out with mostly men and talking sports all day.


Sunday, January 22nd

I took some Nyquil to help me sleep solid. It worked as I slept straight until a quarter after 7, except I made the mistake a laying back down and ended up sleeping on and off until 11. Going to sleep tonight is going to be a bitch when I have to get up at 3:45 tomorrow morning.

Haven't really done much today, I've been down in my card room since I got up, trying to get those Thomas cards logged in. I'm down to a couple more stacks so I'll probably work on them after work this week since I'll be getting off at 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment