Monday, January 16, 2023

This Week - Journal

Monday (January 9th)

I slept like crap last night, as I usually do on Sunday nights. Something about going back to work after having days off. Last night was worse than usual, probably because I had 3 weeks off.

I got to work at 6 like the boss told me. I usually go in at 5 and make sure the line is running before everyone gets there but he didn't want me to and they ended up not starting to run until almost 7 because of an issue with the airlines. I worked 10 hours and am absolutely wore out, and I didn't even do that much. Way too much time off of doing nothing. 

I called and cancelled our cable so now we're "cordless." Our antenna came in today and I hooked that up so we can watch local TV which will mainly be to watch sports. Most of the shows we watch can be streamed.


Tuesday (January 10th)

Nothing terribly exciting today. One of the girls crashed a load but no damage was done to the parts but it took a bit to fix everything. Still haven't had any meetings which is great. I did have a Teams Meeting online but I ate lunch and listened to music during it. I just unmuted when I needed to say anything.

Came home and ran out to Xfinity to drop off the cable boxes (we're officially done with cable TV) and UPS store to return some Amazon purchases. Right up the road from the UPS store is Firehouse Subs so we went there for supper. Cheri actually wanted to go in and eat which was shocking to me but we did. The chairs kicked her ass which would be why we don't normally go in.

I'm super tired tonight, I may crash early but I'm trying to get all my online stuff done.


Wednesday (January 11th)

Actually had my first meeting of the year. I say actually because we usually have a ton of them. I guess I should say in person meeting because I did have a Teams (online) meeting earlier in the week. That is the one nice thing about not having everybody there, way less meetings.

Found out at work that we're only working 32 hours this week. Well, I'm getting 34 because by the time they decided that, it was too late for me to leave early today and I'm working 4 hours tomorrow.


Thursday (January 12th)

I was out of it this morning, I don't know if it was the cold or the Nyquil I took last night. I probably shouldn't have gone to work. I'm pretty sure I had a fever for the first hour I was there. I kept telling myself, you only have to be here for 4 hours. Only I ended up being there 6 because they brought a hot part down after the line was shut down so I ran it myself and had to stay until it was done. Plus I had a few other things I had to finish.

I got a text from Cheri asking if I sneezed on the pantry door, I replied that I don't think I did but who knows. Apparently it was covered in snot. I went back and watched our cameras, yep, it was me. Oops! I told Cheri it was payback for her giving me the cold.

I'm missing my first Michigan game, it's hard and I don't like it but it is what it is. I'm following the game online and I'll watch highlights when it's over, maybe even the whole game if I can find it but it sucks not being able to watch it. Hopefully the next game is on something I get.


Friday (January 13th)

Woke up feeling like crap. I couldn't breath out my nose so I spent the last few hours tossing and turning. I checked the Nyquil and it apparently only works 6 hours so I'm guessing I slept good until it ran out.

I rode with Cheri out to her chiropractor and then ran out to the card shop. The owner had let me know he had 2 5000 count boxes full of Frank Thomas so I ran in and picked them up before going to pick up groceries and grabbing some lunch then heading home. 

I went downstairs and started sorting the cards to see what I needed. I haven't started checking but I already pulled out enough dupes to fill one of the boxes so I'll take that to the card show tomorrow and give it back to the owner of the shop who also sets up there.


Saturday (January 14th)

Kevin and I set up at the Fort Wayne show. Had a decent show but we depleted our football and basketball and need to restock before next Saturday. We picked up some today but Kevin is going to try to get some more during the week.


Sunday (January 15th)

I can't believe we are half way through January already. I slept in the recliner again last night. I slept pretty good. Woke up a few times but I got up around 6 and took some more Dayquil and laid back down and slept until 9. I definitely sleep better in the recliner with this cold.

When I finally did get up, I went down and worked on my Frank Thomas box. I was hoping to finish but its taking me longer than I thought. Since I get off at 2 this week, I might jump down and work on them for an hour or so wnen I get home. I've already got a stack bigger than I expected and I still have quite a few to go through.

Cheri was working in the storage room so she was down there with me as well. After supper, I stayed upstairs and watched TV while she went back down there. I figured she was just going to finish the tote she was working on but it's been a couple of hours and she's still down there.

No comments:

Post a Comment