Wednesday, April 17, 2013

A to Z Challenge – O

If your new to this Challenge, every day of April, minus the Sundays you blog about the letter assigned for that day. To find out why I’m blogging about what I’m blogging about, then go here. Today’s letter is

Samantha’s word – Ox

Ox?  Big animal with horns?  Better yet, let’s go with Oxbow.  What’s Oxbow you ask?  It’s the name of a local county park.  I’ve been there many, many times.  Trevor’s scouts day camp was there last year.  It has pretty extensive trails as well as pavilions to rent out.  Lots of nature.  I specifically remember driving through a creek to get to the other side, as well as the tower.   Only the tower was a victim to an arsonist.  Last I heard, they are still trying to raise money to rebuild it.  I found this picture but this was awhile ago.

(3) Tower

I believe this happened 3 years ago.  It was kind of a landmark at the park.  I remember being up on top many of times as it swayed back and forth in the wind.  Yes, it actually does that.

Trevor’s word – Onex

I believe this is someone’s dogs name.  Otherwise, I have no idea what he’s talking about.  Since we’re talking about dogs, let me show you a picture of my brother’s dog, Jake.  Apparently he thinks he’s a small dog.  He just crawled on up there and got comfortable.

2013-03-10_18-15-44_579

Want to know what the A to Z Challenge is all about? Check it out at the A to Z Challenge blog.

National MS Society- Walk MS- Michiana 2012

4 comments:

  1. Jake just wanted to be in the picture. Who can blame him?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a shame about the tower! New follower here. I'm stopping by from the "A to Z" challenge and I look forward to visiting again.

    Sylvia
    http://www.writinginwonderland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete