Monday, April 23, 2012

People NEED to change

I remember back in the day when someone did something mean or stupid and you were amazed at their stupidity.  They were far and few between.  But it seems that now-a-days, your amazed when someone is good or does something nice.  I like to think that I’m pretty nice to strangers.  I hold doors for people, I smile and nod when eye contact is made, I’ve gone out of my way to help someone.  When I hit that guy on the bike, I stood in the road next to him so cars would see me and not run him over so he wouldn’t have to move.  I kept asking if he was ok.  I wouldn’t be surprised to hear a news story that is similar only the guy gets out of the car and beats the crap out of the biker.  That’s the world we live in.  I can’t stand to watch the news anymore.  Children killing adults over meaningless arguments.  Young kids going on killing sprees in schools.  And don’t even get me started on the molesting that adults are doing to kids.  I can’t watch the news.  There are so many things wrong with this world that we are amazed when something is right.  Or at least I am.  Maybe it’s just me, maybe I’m just too negative.

Maybe this is a product of me becoming anti-social.  Yes, I admit it, I’m antisocial.  Which is funny because as most of you know, bloggers like to be heard.  I check my stats for affirmation that somebody is listening.  I don’t put much faith into the numbers per say, and I’m still going to blog what I want to blog.  For me, this is a log of my life that I may be able to look back onto a few years later.  So I post what I want to post.  Besides wanting to be heard.  But in real life, I don’t really care how many friends I have.  Which really shows at work.  I like where I work in the factory, because I work alone.  I come in, do my job, leave me alone and I’ll leave you alone.  I put on headphones in the breakroom sometimes because people just annoy me.  Whether it be loud talking to someone right next to you, or someone playing music out loud on their phones, or people holding a concert to those around them.  People are rude.  And I don’t want to be around them.

Maybe this could change if the news only played positive stories, probably not.  I know one thing, we could go back to one half hour news broadcast.  Because there isn’t that much good in the world anymore. 

Maybe I’m negative. 

Maybe I’m antisocial. 

Maybe I’m the problem.

All I know is people need to stop being dicks.  People need to start thinking of those around them.  People need to get their heads out of their asses and turn this world around.  Because even thought I am antisocial and don’t like people, I still respect those around me.  Which is more than I can say for most.

No comments:

Post a Comment