Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Music, Work and Sexy Aliens

I’m sitting here, chilling.  Got home from work, showered, wife is snoozing and I’m guessing the kids haven’t figured out I’m home yet.  So I’m sitting here in peace and quiet, except music that is, but I need that to block out the kids playing in their room.  Otherwise I would sit here with nothing on.  Since I’m on my spotify account, I figure I’ll throw out what it plays while I’m doing this post so maybe you can get an example of what all I listen too.  It’s on shuffle so hopefully it mixes it up a lot.  I currently have 760 tracks.
  • Chicago – What kind of Man would I be
  • Khachaturian – Sabre Dance
  • Bryan Adams – Heat of the Night
  • Prince & the NPG – Cream
  • Mary Chapin Carpenter – Let me Into Your Heart
  • Alanis Morissette – Uninvited
  • Whitney Houston – Run to You
  • Rod Stewart – Reason to Believe
  • Petra – Love
  • Michael Jackson – Jam
  • Petra – the Coloring Song
  • Cranberries – Dream
  • Neil Diamond - America
Wow!  That is so not what I generally listen to.  Not one song from my preferable genre.  Yes, all these songs are on my spotify and yes, I do like them all.  But the shuffle must have been set on easy listening today.  I’m not even sure there is a song up there from the last decade.  The genre I listen to the most is Rock, where are all my rock songs?  I have a rock list and it has 186 songs on it, but apparently none I get to listen to today.

I’ve currently worked 10 days straight.  For those that don’t know what I do, I work in a factory, usually 8 hours a day, sometimes more, mainly Monday – Friday.  We do work weekends (mostly Saturdays, hardly ever Sundays) as needed.  Obviously it was needed last weekend as we worked both days.  Friday is good Friday and is a paid holiday.  Except that they scheduled us to work anyways.  So obviously, we are very busy.  Not a big deal to me as we don’t usually do anything on Good Friday anyways, Plus it’s double time and a half so I can’t really complain.  We are broke and need it.  I do get a little wore out working this many days straight, and you can be sure I am looking forward to relaxing on Saturday.

Also, for those that don’t know, I’m a geek at heart.  I love Star Wars and Star Trek and a lot of other science fiction.  I’m a regular reader at FuriousFanBoys and they compelled this list that I had to share.
THE HOTTEST ALIENS IN SCIFI
These were chosen by readers on their facebook page.  It doesn’t say if they are in any certain order, but there are 8 of them.
First off, they had Twi’lek from Star Wars, episode 3 – Revenge of the Sith

Don’t remember much from Star Wars: Episodes 1-3, not a huge fan of them to being with.  I love the originals and just had trouble getting into the prequels.  She is hot though, I’d tap that.  If I wasn’t married of course.
Next is Number 6 from Battlestar Galactica

Never watched the newer version of Battlestar Galactica either.  I know, so much for me being a geek.  But the my cable plan didn’t carry SciFi channel when this was on so I couldn’t watch it.  I did watch the original one in the late 70’s, early 80’s though.  I know, I’m old.
Deanna Troi of Star Trek: Next Generation

She’s good looking, but I never thought of her as being hot.
Next up, Leeloo from the 5th element.

Now this one I love.  I loved this movie, my wife hates it.  She looks at me funny when I quote it or stop on it when it’s on TV.  SciFi, comedy, action, and a hot alien, really?  What’s not to love about it.  And let’s face it, Bruce Willis is a bad ass.  You can’t mess with John Maclaine in space.
Lisa from V

I also liked this one, she was definitely hot.  And I liked the show while it was on.  It didn’t effect me like the original one did.  I think it was probably one of the first alien takeover movies for me and it was scary to look at it that way.
Seven of Nine from Star Trek Voyager

Oh yeah!  I had the hots for her.  Of course it was probably the tight outfit.  Doesn’t hurt that Jeri Ryan is hot in her own right.
Sil from species

She was hot in this movie as well.  Of course, this was released in the mid 90’s making me early 20’s so I was all about the gratuitous nudity and there was definitely some in this movie.  Don’t get me wrong, I still like nudity in movies, it just doesn’t get me going like it used too.  Probably too used to seeing it now.
Last but not least, Space Girl from Lifeforce

Yeah, don’t know that one or her.  But judging by the picture, I’m guessing geeks were voting for the nudity more than looks.
I loved this post from FuriousFanBoys.  Hopefully I don’t get in trouble for copying it over, I linked all the pictures and their name so they shouldn’t get too mad.  Hopefully I don’t lose the female viewership with this post, but I gotta be me.  I have to get back to posting what I want instead of forcing myself to come up with thoughts.
I only have 5 followers, so I guess I don’t have much to lose.  And 2 of them are my wife (she can’t figure out how to delete her old account).  Now I have to go up and post a paragraph under the music played while making this post.  Then I’m out to take Trevor to practice and then over to a friends house to stay overnight.

4 comments:

  1. I'm not a true Sci-fi geek, although I generally enjoy it when I see it. But your picture of Deanna Troi reminds me of college days, watching TNG and playing the Star Trek drinking game. I keep forgetting to do a search for the rules. (I lost my original copy.)

    Yeah, rules like: Drink whenever... it goes to commercial on a "soap-opera like" close-up. ...Picard wears chest-revealing bedwear ... The first revealing of Wesley Crusher on a particular episode...

    Good times. (and you won't lose me for something like this. At least it's authentic!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In college you pretty much make a drinking game of everything, don't you? I was never huge into any of the newer Star Trek series. I watched them here and there but wasn't into them big time. I'll sit and watch a classic Star Trek episode with Capt. Kirk anytime though. Sort of like Star Wars, love the original 3, not a big fan of the prequels. I guess I'm old fashioned.

      Delete
  2. I grew up with a brother who was a Trekkie through and through and also ended up marrying a Trekkie! Well they aren't convention type trekkies but you know what I mean. I like your writing, it's real and honest. Although I don't swing that way, I do appreciate a good looking woman so found the hot alien post rather interesting. But I have to say, the fact you like "Uninvited" by Alanis is what really caught my eye! I love that song and don't know anyone else who actually listens to it! Happy I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Star Trek and Star Wars but I watch the movies, that's pretty much my extent of being a Trekkie. I don't go all into it, just really love the movies (and TV shows.) Same thing with SciFi. Love it but not "in" love with it, if that makes sense.

      I actually really like the movie "City of Angels" and when I hear the song, it always reminds me of the movie.

      I added your blog to my reader, I like the premise of it. I'm always for the underdog, in sports and in life. I'm heading for bed now, but will check it out in more detail when I get a chance, until then, I'll get your new posts in my reader.

      Delete