Sunday, July 20, 2014

Journal, May18th & 19th

I meant to post this last night before I went to bed and forgot.

Yesterday, I spent all evening getting posts to go for the My Sports Obsession Tumblr blog.  I got 49 of them set up so it’ll run for a couple of weeks.  I planned on getting other Tumblr blogs done but I didn’t realize just how many I had saved up.  Guess I took way too much time off.

I did get a post on My Sports Obsession the last couple of days as well.

I had ok day work wise yesterday, the bad news is the seem to be running a line of BS as far as rolling me over to the company.  The good news was, I was so pissed off all day that the day went pretty quickly.

We had our company picnic at the county fairgrounds during the fair today.  The food was really good and they gave away some great prizes but I didn’t win any.  I don’t really have a whole lot of friends at work, I’m not much of a social butterfly, so it’s not like it was a great time with friends.  I did enjoy taking the kids on rides afterwards though.  The company gave out free tickets for rides as well so the picnic was definitely worth it.  I didn’t like seeing the guy that pissed me off yesterday and he didn’t say anything to me but he just annoys me and I don’t think he likes me, which I wouldn’t care about except he’s one of my bosses and I’ve never given him a reason to not like me, he just doesn’t.

Tonight we are just chilling at the homestead. 

Yesterday

  • Impractical Jokers (DVR) – I love this show, if you have never seen it you need to make sure you do.  It’s on TruTV.
  • the Carbonaro Effect (DVR) – A magic prank show.  Michael Carbonaro does magic in everyday life and then BS’s to the people that witness it.  The peoples reactions are usually pretty funny.
  • Married (DVR) – It’s the pilot episode.  It’s pretty funny but I’m not sure how long it will last.
  • the Tonight Show starring Jimmy Fallon (DVR) – The parts I watched were ok.  I fell asleep through most of John Lithgow but the part with Miranda Kerr was funny.  I didn’t know who she was though.  The music guest was someone I heard of at least – Jason Marz.  I didn’t know the song though.
  • Beyond Scared Straight (DVR) – I must admit, I mainly watch this to see the teens that think they are the shit, end up crying when they realize they aren’t as bad as they think they are.

Today

  • House of Cards (Netflix) – We watched the first 8 episodes of season 1 tonight.  I’m not much for political shows but we like this one.

 

We rented a couple of DVD’s last night as well.

  • 3 Days to Kill – This was a pretty good action with a little comedy/drama in it.  Kevin Costner is doing one last job before he quits but is also in charge of his 17 year old estranged daughter for 3 days.  I’d give it 4 stars, Cheri said the same.
  • Non-stop – Liam Neeson in a action/thriller, you know it should be good, and it was.  You really had no clue who the bad guy was until they wanted you to know.  It made for a very interesting movie.  I’d give it 4 stars as well, Cheri says 5 stars because it’s Liam.

No comments:

Post a Comment