Thursday, July 17, 2014

Journal, July 17th

I don’t have too many updates.  I have kept up with My Sports Obsession blog so far and I had kept up with my Tumblr blogs, until tomorrow.  I didn’t take the time tonight to set posts for tomorrow.  As you can since your reading this, I did post here though.  Woo Hoo!

I got off work at 2 and I’ve had some cardboard boxes that I needed to give back to my mom that we borrowed when Skyler moved a couple of weekends ago.  I was going to take the back a couple of days ago but I ended up just driving by because my mom wasn’t home.  So I guess technically, I just wanted to see my mom.  I hadn’t seen her since the 4th (I think).  I’ve text with her here and there but that was about it so I just wanted to stop by and chit chat.

I sent a text to Cheri to tell her where I was at and she said that her and the kids were waiting for me to go to Steak ‘n Shake and get some shakes.  So I ended up leaving my mom’s and picked them up and headed out to Steak ‘n Shake.  They have “Happy Hour” between 2-4 every weekday and you get half price shakes so we got 4 shakes for $7.  Then we hit the local grocery store to pick up a few items that Cheri didn’t get at Walmart this morning (mainly meat and vegetables) then headed home.  Here’s my Facebook status that pretty much sums up everything and a little something else.

Got off work, hung out with my mom for half an hour, took the kids to Steak 'n Shake for Happy Hour shakes, went to Martin's for some groceries, came home, showered and shaved. All that and I was in my PJ's and relaxing by 5:15. Getting off at 2 is way better than 7. #SuckItAACOA

I was going to screen cap it but it isn’t apparently working unless I restart my computer and I’m really close to going to bed so screw that.

I did play chess again with Trevor tonight.  He about had me, he actually had me playing more defense than offense which is what I told him he needed to work on.  He made 1 mistake and it steamrolled from there.  Both kids think I’m really good at chess and I’m really not, I’m just better than they are.  I told Trevor that if he played often enough, and took his time thinking out his moves then it wouldn’t be long until he was beating me.

  • Duck Dynasty (DVR) – I’m not in love with this show as I once was, but it’s still pretty funny.
  • Big Smo (DVR) – Another new reality show, it’s not too bad and I do like a couple of his songs or raps or whatever you call them.
  • Hot in Cleveland (DVR) – You wouldn’t think this show would be as funny as it is.  Of course, having Betty White helps.
  • The Tonight Show starring Jimmy Fallon (DVR) – It was an alright show, main guest was Whoopi Goldberg and as usual on this show, never heard of the music artist.
  • Cooperstown:  Frank Thomas (DVR) – A 1 hour special on the career of Frank Thomas who will be inducted into the Hall of Fame this year.
  • Defiance (DVR) – One of the sci-fi shows I like that Cheri doesn’t care for.
  • Dominion (DVR) – See the above description.

No comments:

Post a Comment