Monday, April 7, 2014

A to Z Challenge–Faith Hill to Fun

* the “genres” listed are my own timeline of music which you’ll find here.  If you want to know a quick story of the genre, (Why the hell is he listening to that?) then click the genre link to go back to the timeline page.  (My genres are classic, 80’s, Christian, hip hop/rap/90’s, rock/alternative, Virginia song, before spotify andspotify.

**Any pictures of album covers denotes that I owned it at one time in my life

Faith Hill

Filter

Fine Young Cannibals

Finger Eleven

Fiona Apple

Five Finger Death Punch

Fixx

Fleetwood Mac

Flock of Seagulls

Florida Georgia Line

Foghat

Foo Fighters

Foreigner

Foreigner – So many songs up there that I really like and they definitely take me back to the 80’s.  I could probably sing (at least the chorus) to most of those up there even still.

Frank Sinatra 2

Frankie Lyman

Fuel

Fugees

Fun

favorites

In this section, I’ll figure out my favorites from this post and maybe some other stuff.

  • Best Artist –  Foreigner
  • Best Song – Best of You (Foo Fighters)
  • Most Songs –  Foreigner (8)
  • Shortest Song –  Why Do Fools Fall in Love (Frankie Lymon and the Teenagers (2:20)
  • Longest Song –  Criminal (Fiona Apple) (5:42)
  • Artists seen in concert – none (6 total)
  • Total songs in this post - 41
  • Total songs posted so far – 656
  • Total songs added to playlist from comments - 28

12 comments:

  1. My recommendations for today would be:

    Fleetwood Mac:
    -Secondhand News
    -Songbird

    Foo Fighters:
    -Next Year
    -Walking After You

    And for artists you don't have,

    Fastball - Love Doesn't Kill You, Morning Star, Out of My Head, You're an Ocean
    Fefe Dobson - I Want You
    Feist - Secret Heart
    Fifth Dimension - Aquarius/Let the Sun Shine In
    Fountains of Wayne - Hey Julie, Sink to the Bottom, and Stacy's Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I added 15 more songs from your recommendations. Not everything you have up there but they led me to others. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. My comparisons to my library of playlists are Florida Georgia Line (same song) and Frank Sinatra....love Frank!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My brother played the Florida/Georgia Line song, he had just seen them in concert and was playing their CD for me.

      Delete
  3. Hi there!

    I'm hopping over from A to Z Challenge and wanted to say good luck with the challenge. I'm a children's author and this month I will reviewing picture books on my blog.

    Take care,

    Donna L Martin
    www.donnalmartin.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe My family kind of has a thing about "This Kiss" by Faith Hill - it's so fabulously cheesy. :) Good luck with the A-Z!
    http://bonniegwyn.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is isn't it? I'm not a huge fan of hers but that song always sticks out to me.

      Delete
  5. Cant go wrong with some Fine Young Cannibals! Brilliant :-) Hope you enjoying the A to Z Bonjour from France http://detoutcoeurlimousin.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  6. So nice to follow and connect with an a to z challenger, and I look forward to more posts. http://aimingforapublishingdeal.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'll be by to visit your blog tonight.

      Delete
  7. This is a shorter list than usual, but I like it! I think my favorite at the moment is "We Are Young" by Fun. Good stuff. :)

    Random Musings from the KristenHead — F is for 'Fringe' and 'Firefly': First-class Sci-fi Shows

    ReplyDelete