Tuesday, April 22, 2014

A to Z Challenge–Saliva to System of a Down

* the “genres” listed are my own timeline of music which you’ll find here.  If you want to know a quick story of the genre, (Why the hell is he listening to that?) then click the genre link to go back to the timeline page.  (My genres are classic, 80’s, Christian, hip hop/rap/90’s, rock/alternative, Virginia song, before spotify and spotify.

**Any pictures of album covers denotes that I owned it at one time in my life.

Saliva

Salt N Pepa

Sammy Hagar

Sandi Patty

Sara Berellis

Sarah McGlaughlin

Saving Abel

Say What

Scoripons

Seether

Selena Gomez

Selena

Semisonic

Seven Mary Three

Shai

Shania Twain

Sheryl Crow

Shinedown

Sick Puppies

Silk

Simon and Garfunkel

Simple Minds

Sir Mix A Lot

                   

Sister Sledge

Skid Row

Skillet

Slash

Slipknot

Sly Fox

Snoop Lion

Snow

Soggy Bottom Boys

Soil

SonicFlood

Soul Asylum

Soundgarden

Spice Girls

Spin Doctors

Stabbin Westward

Staind

                   

Static X

Steppenwolf

Steve Miller Band

Steve Winwood

Steven Curtis Chapman

                   

                   

Stevie Ray Vaughn

Stevie Wonder

Sting

Stone Sour

Stone Temple Pilots

Stryper

Styx

Sum 41

Survivor

System of a Down

favorites

In this section, I’ll figure out my favorites from this post and maybe some other stuff.

  • Best Artist –  Styx
  • Best Song – Renegade (Styx) 
  • Most Songs –  Say What? (9)
  • Shortest Song –  Wait and Bleed (Slipknot) (2:28)
  • Longest Song –  We Are Family (Sister Sledge) (8:21) 
  • Artists seen in concert – Steven Curtis Chapman, Styx  (16 total)
  • Total songs in this post - 154
  • Total songs posted so far – 1514
  • Total songs added to playlist from comments - 78

5 comments:

  1. The only 'S' in my playlist is Taylor Swift and the only song of hers is "Mean" because my grand daughter loves it. But I did go to Itunes and download both "Thank You" and "Watch the Lamb" I love them both.....thanks for the suggestions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has a lot of good ones, "the Altar" is about people giving themselves at the altar. "Let's Begin Again" is about renewing wedding vows and trusting in him. "What Was I Supposed To Be" is about abortion. "The Hammar" is about the day Jesus was nailed to the Cross. Those are a few of my favorites by him.

      Delete
  2. Salt-n-Pepa!! Shoop! Best artist for me is Stevie Ray Vaughn. Hands. Down. Close second Stevie Wonder. I'd add Sonny Boy Williamson and Sonny Boy Williamson II. Those are an interesting pair of blues singers.

    Great list as usual.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like blues, but I know or listen to very little of it. I'm not sure why.

      Delete
  3. I totally forgot about Seasick Steve. Awesome contemporary blues/bluegrass artist. Love him. And Sharon Jones and the Dapp Kings. They are phenomenal. The best R&B out there right now.

    ReplyDelete