* the “genres” listed are my own timeline of music which you’ll find here. If you want to know a quick story of the genre, (Why the hell is he listening to that?) then click the genre link to go back to the timeline page. (My genres are classic, 80’s, Christian, hip hop/rap/90’s, rock/alternative, Virginia song, before spotify and spotify.
**Any pictures of album covers denotes that I owned it at one time in my life.
Carman – If you read the titles of the songs, then you can obviously tell this was one of the Christian artists that I listened to. He does a lot of stories within songs. One of my favorites of the story songs is the Champion. This is very religious, but a great story within a song. It’s about Jesus vs the Devil in a boxing match.
Obviously, I had a crap load of his albums. He was one of the artists that puts out at least an album a year, or at least he did when I listened to him. I’ve probably seen him in concert 3 or 4 times as well.
Chantal Kreviazuk – Yeah, I’ve never heard of her either. Cheri had, because this was track 3 on the CD she made me.
Choir, the – Most of those songs are off one album because I loved that album. Technically, it is a Christian group but they aren’t overly religious. I wouldn’t know how to classify their music as far as their sound, maybe alternative. You’ll just have to go listen to them here. The album I really liked was Circle Slide, I don’t know any of their newer stuff. To be honest, I didn’t know they had newer stuff.
Colbie Cailat – I had never heard of her until Cheri, now, as you can see, I know 5 of her songs. The song that started it all though is “Bubbly” when she made it track 4 on our CD.
In this section, I’ll figure out my favorites from this post and maybe some other stuff.
- Best Artist – the Choir
- Best Song – Feels Like Home (Chantal Kreviazuk)
- Most Songs – Carman (14)
- Shortest Song – Tear For Tear (the Choir) (1:20)
- Longest Song – It’s All Coming Back To Me Now (Celion Dion) (7:36)
- Artists seen in concert – Carman (4 total)
- Total songs in this post - 132
- Total songs posted so far - 442