Friday, December 20, 2019

Perfect!


If you knew me growing up, then you know, I never went to school. I skipped, all the time. My freshman year, I went 4 days a week. I bet I missed close to all of the Mondays. My mom always told me that it would reflect on my work record, my response was usually, if they paid me to go to school, I'd be there every day.

Well, like most things my mom said, she was right. I started working and I called in all the time. I never got fired for it because I was a good enough worker when I was there but I certainly couldn't have argued it if someone had fired me.

This post isn't about how stupid I was, this post is more about how far I've come. Today was my last day of work for the year. I have the next 2 weeks off. Paid at that because I was able to save enough vacation days and personal days to cover all 8 days that I wouldn't have gotten paid. I was able to save all those days because I had perfect attendance this year. No call ins, no tardies, no leaving early. PERFECT!


Now I realize I'm not the first person to do this, there's probably a ton of people who haven't missed in a couple of years, maybe even some of you. For me, this is a big deal. I'm proud of it. I was close the last couple of years. One year I got sick for a few days, another I had to have my gall bladder removed, not this year though, I was there, every single day.

Maybe it's because I accomplished something that I set out to do. Not saying I fail at every thing I try but more that I don't really set goals in my life. I prefer to just live it. The last goal I had was to buy a house and we did that 3 years ago. Maybe in another 3 years, I'll have another goal. For now, I'm bragging about this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment