Thursday, May 9, 2013

Crime and Exercise

Yesterday morning started like most non work days.  I got up, fed the kids and took them to school.  Although this morning, I changed my routine when I got back home.  Usually, I do one of 2 things.  I either kick on the Netflix and watch Star Trek TOS (I’m in season 2) or I crawl back into bed and cuddle with the wife until I fall back asleep again.  When I play Star Trek, usually around 10 o’clock or so, I start getting tired and end up falling asleep anyways.  So this morning, I came home, changed into shorts and a t-shirt and dusted off the Wii.  But before I got started, I hear shouting.  A woman on the other side of the complex kept yelling (while crying) to leave, just get out.  It took me a bit to locate where it was happening, but I saw the door open so whoever was doing the arguing were in the doorway.  I saw 2 teenage girls leave and that was the end of it.  So I went back to the Wii, turned down the volume and put my headphones on (Cheri and Skyler were still sleeping).


I’m pretty sure 106 days ago I logged in real quick just to see if I’ve gotten any fatter.  When we first got the Wii, I set up a program to work out to.  It had some yoga along with strength training exercises.  So I logged into that.


Yikes, that’s even longer than I thought.  No wonder I’m fat.  I turned on my Spotify and did the program.  It’s a total of 52 minutes.  It was harder than I remember and I certainly didn’t perform it as well as I did 910 days ago but I completed it.  Worked up a sweat and everything.  Here’s the workout at a glance.


These are the Yoga ones, I do 17 (squared in yellow) of those 18.


These are the Strength training ones, I do 11 (squared in yellow) of those 15.

I finished up, then I did some of the games on the Wii fit kind of as a cool down.  I ended up spending about an hour and 20 minutes doing something other than laying around.  That’s a big step for me.  Not that I’ll do it again, but at least when I log into the Wii next time, it won’t say over 1000 days since the last time.  Or at least I hope it doesn’t.

I went back and hopped in the shower so I can smell pretty when Cheri and I went to run our errands.  I got out of the shower and started telling her about the yelling I saw, I pointed out the window to the apartment where it was coming from and what do I see but cops walking around.  Now granted, this is 2 hours later.  I rubbernecked for a few minutes when I see this.


Now, she walked down the stairs and climbed onto the stretcher so I don’t know what her issue was.  All I know is there was a shouting match there 2 hours earlier and then what you see here.  I checked the local police blotter but it only goes to the 7th.  If I remember to look I will let you know what happened, chances are I probably won’t remember and to be honest, I don’t really care.  Other than it made my usually boring mornings a little more exciting.  And I got a blog post out of it.  Lucky you.

Ronald McDonald House Charities     Multiple Sclerosis

Click a banner above to donate.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, lucky us. I wonder what was happening with those teenagers.