Saturday, May 11, 2013

Book Review: The First Pillar (Everville #1)

The First Pillar (Everville, #1)

The First Pillar (Everville #1) by Roy Huff

In the case of full disclosure, I had received this book from the author in exchange for a review.  But if you know me, I don’t have a problem telling people like it is, as a matter of fact, I get in trouble for that at work all the time.  I’m not receiving anything else from Roy or any of the author’s that I review books for so this is my review without any bias.

The best thing I can say about this book is it makes you want to read the rest of the series.  It started right into it without delay.  The first half of the book your introduced to the characters as well as a whole other world and species.  What Roy does right with this book is you learn the backstory while going through the current story lines.  So your not stuck in the past while learning about it.  These worlds are constantly colliding in battles and Them are getting closer and closer to conquering Everville and that’s where the college students at Easton Falls University come in.  You go back and forth from a battle between teams at the University to a battle of life and death outside Everville and the collision of both worlds in the end.

This was definitely a good read and I recommend it.  The only negative is you have to wait for the next book to be released.  But I have good news, because starting tomorrow (5/12/13) you can get this book for free on Amazon (Kindle version only) so be sure to go pick it up.  It’s only free for a limited time (thru 5/16/13) so go get it today right here.

1 comment: