When I was doing the A to Z Challenge last month, I received the Liebster Award from 2 different bloggers (“The World As I See It” & “Laughing at Life, 2”). It’s nice to receive an award and lord knows I could use the press, but I’m not overly huge into receiving them. But I’ll do what needs to be done here, for the most part.
First off, 11 (times 2) Fun Facts about me.
- Apparently I suck at coming up with fun facts about me.
- I’m a cryer when I watch TV & movies. I guess I get emotionally involved in the stories and characters.
- I love technology but when it doesn’t work, I want to throw it against the wall or out a window.
- I’m not big on possessions. I’m pretty content with what I have and rarely want something more. The question I hate the most before Christmas and Birthday’s is “What do you want?)
- I’m very laid back, so much so that at times, it drives my wife nuts. Things that should make me angry, I just shrug it off. Meh! But there are certain people who set me off right away.
- I’m a cat person, not a big fan of dogs. I don’t mind them, they are just more work. Cats are self sufficient where as dogs you have to walk and play with them. Plus, living in Indiana, I don’t want to have to take my dog outside every few hours to go potty in the winter. I’ll take cleaning a litter box once a day, takes 2 minutes.
- I Googled the word Liebster because I had no idea what it meant. (German word – dearest, beloved, favorite.)
- I haven’t had a “best friend” since high school. And while he is on my Facebook, I don’t ever communicate with him (he’s never on it). I don’t really have many friends if any. I have work acquaintances that I occasionally do things with outside of work, but it’s very rare. When I got married in 1994, out of my best man and 4 groomsmen, only 1 do I even talk to anymore, and he’s my brother.
- I hate the fact that I’m overweight, but that hatred doesn’t out do my laziness to do something about it. Some of it is laziness, some of it is I just don’t enjoy working out.
- My ex (theEx) and I both have middle names that start with D, so both of our kids have middle names that start with D. My current wife (Cheri) has 2 kids, both of her kids have middle names that start with D. Sadly, Cheri does not. She’s an oddball.
- I used to have an earring and long hair (long enough for a small pony tail).
- I have tattoo’s on both my arms, a block M (for Michigan) specifically designed for me by a friend on my left arm. My right arm has both kids names and birthdates along with a design with a heart in the middle between the names.
- I was never a huge fan of the show “Friends” when it was on, but my wife loves it so we’ve been watching it before bed most nights and I’ve become a fan of it. I’ve always been a little slow.
- I’ve talked about my OCD before, another thing I’m OCD is I can’t just start watching a new show in the middle of the season, I have to find it On Demand and catch up before I start watching the current season.
- I’ve only kissed 2 women in my life, and I’ve been married twice, you do the math.
- I have no desire to travel as far as leaving the country. There is plenty here in the US to keep me entertained if I decide to travel.
- I’ve driven on the Bristol Motor Speedway. Not in a race car but in my wife’s car. The banks suck when your only doing about 20 mph. You feel like your car is just going to roll off the track onto the infield.
- I truly don’t like conflict. I can handle it just fine, but if I can talk myself out of it, then I will.
- My mom used to buy grapefruit just because it was the only drink she could keep in the fridge that my brother and I wouldn’t drink. I didn’t like that, so I drank it till I could tolerate it just so for when it was the only thing left to drink, I would still have something.
- Contrary to popular belief, I don’t hate the University of Notre Dame. I hate a lot of their fans. Although, in the last few years, some of the actual school’s decisions have rubbed me wrong.
- I’ve never been diagnosed with a broken bone. I may have broken my nose once but I never went to the doctor for it but I now have a lump on the bridge of my nose.
- I’ve been working on this post for about a week, and am so happy that I am done. I saved these facts for last because I knew it would be the most difficult for me.
I also have to answer 11 questions from each bloggers who gave me the award. First up is Michael’s questions from “The World As I See It”
- What kind of creature is Grimace? (The McDonalds mascot) – Is he even still around? Great question, I think he’s a creation of Cee Lo Green. He’s shaped like a gum drop (you know Cee Lo has to like sweets), He’s purple (Come on, you’ve seen some of Cee Lo’s clothes) and he has short arms (do I need to say it).
- Who's your favourite non-rock or pop musical artist? (I think that leaves Jazz, Blues, Country, Reggae, Trance, most Rap/Hip Hop and Dubstep) – I went through my Spotify playlists and nothing really stood out other than the rock kind so I’m going to answer with a group I enjoy listening to.
- What's your favorite variety of cheese? – Hmm, never really thought about it. All cheese is good cheese. I guess it’s Colby Jack, I eat that more than anything. I do like Bleu Cheese dressing on my salad.
- Have you ever mimicked the Gangnam Style Dance? – That would be a Hell No. I don’t think I’ve even done it in a joking manner.
- Who's selling sea shells by the sea shore? They never mention who she is. – I’m going with Cee Lo again. Cee Lo sells sea shells by the sea shore.
- When was the last time you went for a pap smear/prostate exam? – My father died at 30, so I did a full physical when I hit 30 (10 years ago). I’ve thought about doing another one this year since I’m turning 40 but I’m really leaning against it.
- Don't you think it's time? – I think I answered that above.
- What's your favorite Star Wars, Godfather and Indiana Jones film? – Star Wars, I’ll go with Empire Strikes Back. Godfather, I’ll say #1 but that’s only because it’s been a very long time since I’ve seen them. Indiana Jones I’ll go with the Last Crusade. The relationship between Harrison Ford and Sean Connery was hilarious.
- How many songs are there on your mp3 player or phone? – I don’t use an mp3 player or store music on my phone. I use Spotify and stream music and in my “Anything & Everything” playlists, I have 1198 songs.
- Do you/have you ever talked about religion or politics with strangers? – That would mean I have to talk to strangers, but no. I believe everyone has their opinion so who’s to say my opinion on the matter is right. I don’t have a problem discussing this stuff, but if someone would have the conversation with me, and I thought what they were saying was stupid, I’d just shrug my shoulders and say ok. Why do I care what they think, especially a stranger?
- Which of the Avengers is the hottest? – Well this is the easiest question being as I’m a guy, the Hulk, because he’s shirtless and buff. I’m kidding, that would be Black Widow. She’s hot without the black outfit, but wow, even better with it on.
And now for the questions from Shawn at “Laughing at Life, 2”
- If you could choose to have any super power what would it be, and why? – X-ray vision. Sorry, but once a pervert, always a pervert.
- What would you do for a Klondike bar? – Considering I don’t even buy them, probably not much.
- If you could be any cartoon character which one would you choose, and why? – Bugs Bunny, because he always got the best of everybody.
- What is your favorite movie? – the Shawshank Redemption
- If you could be granted one wish what would you wish for? – To never lose anyone I love.
- Why did the chicken cross the road besides to get to the other side? – Because he was riding his bike on the wrong side of the road.
- If you had the power to change laws, what would you make legal, and what would you make illegal? – Legal is easy, gay marriage, although it’s slowly being changed now. Illegal, nothing comes to mind. People are going to do what they want to do, illegal or not.
- What is your favorite way to spend your free time? – I hate to say it, but being online.
- What is your favorite quote? – Going to church doesn’t make you a christian any more than going to a garage makes you a car.
- In your opinion, do you think man has really been to the moon? – I’ve always believed they have, and I’m not into conspiracy theories.
- What is your favorite quality in the opposite sex? – Sense of Humor. If you don’t have a sense of humor, then you won’t like me.
The last step of the award is to give it to another 11 blogs with 200 followers or less. I’m not going to do that. I read a ton of blogs and being as I use an RSS feeder to read them, I don’t go to their blogs and I have no idea how many followers each of them have. So if you have less than 200 followers and you want to do a post like this, consider yourself a recipient of this prestigious award. If you do accept the award, leave me a comment so I can read your post. For your 11 questions from me, select 11 of the above 22. I’m sorry I’m taking the lazy way out but it was a lot of work coming up with 22 fun facts that were new to most of you.