Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Pre-turkey rambling

This morning started out like every other.  Kids got up at 7 and got dressed.  I got up at 7:10 to provide breakfast before I headed out to take the kids to school.  Then from the bedroom, I hear Cheri shouting that there is a 2 hour delay because of fog.  So I gave them breakfast and crawled back in bed.  Luckily I was still in my pj’s.  Well, not really luckily, I usually wear them to take them to school.

I got up a couple of hours later and took them to school.  I found out why there was a delay.

fog01    fog02

This was at 9:40, I can’t imagine how thick it was this morning.  Once I got home I flipped on the TV and broke out my laptop waiting for Cheri to get up.  Lately, this has been Kitty cuddle time with me.  She climbed up on my chest to take a nap.  I always take pictures, usually 4 or 5 then put them in a slideshow and send it to Cheri to make her jealous.

kitty01

This one was from last week sometime.  I was cleaning out the photos on my phone after I took these this morning.

kitty02   kitty03

Cheri responded to my slideshow that she was jealous.  Not jealous enough to get out of bed apparently.

This year our plans for Thanksgiving have changed and we are breaking tradition.  Hardly any of the family are going to the usual Thanksgiving dinner at my mom’s for lunch.  They are all bailing out and going to other halves of the family, or are out of town.  Even one set just wants to have Thanksgiving dinner with themselves.  So much for tradition.  Cheri and I are still going over to my mom’s and it will be us 3, my stepdad and grandparents.  Just the 6 of us.  As much as it sucks that the whole family isn’t going to be there, we are looking forward to the small get together.

Since there wasn’t going to be any other kids there, I decided to let theEx take the kids for Thanksgiving.  Usually I have them for lunch and then meet her so she can have them that evening and the rest of the weekend.  Being the nice guy that I am, and believe me, I had to think about it with all the stupid crap they do to me, but I let her have them.  But I will be getting them back because my brother is having a post Thanksgiving dinner at his house on Friday night.  And then my mom is taking a bunch of the granddaughters to see the new Twilight movie.  Don’t ask me why they would want to see that crap, but they are.  Samantha is really excited about it.  Plus grandma said she gets to spend the night after the movie.  She’s so excited about it that I had to talk her into going to her mom’s tonight because she was afraid I wouldn’t get her back for Friday.  That would be because the last time the JackAss was supposed to meet us so I could have the kids for my stepdads birthday party, he bailed on us last second and left the kids hanging.  So I had to promise her that I would make sure they made it back.  Come to find out, she wanted to ditch them Thursday night anyways because she’s going Black Friday shopping.

I don’t know what you all are doing for Thanksgiving, but if you’re traveling be safe.  And everyone have a great holiday and make sure to spend some time being thankful for all that you have, including the people in your lives.

4 comments:

  1. I might be wrong, but that animal sleeping with you looks tame. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tame, and lazy. You have a good Thanksgiving as well.

      Delete
  2. Thank you Jeff and a Happy Thanksgiving for all of you too.

    We are having Thanksgiving over at my wife's Brothers house this year, just over in the next town so the drive is minor, will be a good day :)

    ReplyDelete