Friday, January 24, 2014

Movie reviews

Laws Reviews

 

You’re Next – Redbox DVD

I didn’t really know anything about this movie when I picked it up, all my daughter said was that it looked scary, but she’s 11 so they all look scary.  It wasn’t bad at all, wasn’t great, but wasn’t bad.  It was your typical slasher film but it had a bit of a twist ending.

My review - 3/5 stars.

Cheri’s review – 2/5

 

 

 

 

Prisoners – Redbox DVD

After getting used to seeing Hugh Jackman with a goatee, this was a pretty good movie.  It had some twists with the who done it that made it pretty good.  It had it’s slow parts and it kind of had an abrupt ending otherwise it would have gotten another star from me.

My review – 4/5 stars

Cheri’s review – 4/5 stars

 

 

 

 

The Wolverine – Redbox DVD

I thought this was great but I’m a big fan of the franchise so it would have to be pretty bad for me not to like it.  I like the origins movies as well because you learn more about the character’s background.

My review – 4/5 stars

Cheri’s review – 4/5 stars

 

 

 

 

MV5BMjA4Nzk4MDk4MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNjg5ODY5MDE@._V1_SY317_CR12,0,214,317_

 

Flowers in the Attic – Lifetime TV movie

I knew this was a controversial book in it’s day but I didn’t know why.  Cheri and I DVR’d it to watch and it was definitely weird.  I understood the controversy, it was hard to watch.  I understand why it happened in those circumstances, but in order not to be grossed out, I had to tell myself they were actors but that kind of takes my head out of the story.  It was a good movie, but the topic made it hard to watch.

My review – 3/5 stars

Cheri’s review – 4/5 stars.

 

 

 

I had actually watched Wolverine awhile back and when I went to review the other 3, I realized that I never reviewed it.  Oops.  I also have to remember to get Cheri’s review after the movie because with her memory, she may not have a clue what I’m talking about by the time I review it.

No comments:

Post a Comment