Wednesday, August 7, 2013

WWW Wednesdays #22

WWW_Wednesdays4

I haven’t done one of these in a little while and it was a slow week at work last week so I finished quite a few books compared to my normal.

To play along, I’m supposed to answer 3 easy questions.

What are you currently reading?

Bad Wolf (Bad Wolf Chronicles - book 1)

Bad Wolf by Tim McGregor

I’m a little over half way, it’s been pretty good so far.  I haven’t read a book about werewolves in awhile.

What did you recently finish reading?

Predation

Predation by SJ Parkinson

I enjoyed this book.  It was a little wordy at times but I still enjoyed it.  It took place in space in another galaxy, kind of like Star Trek but it had more of a war aspect that I liked as well.  The humans are fighting with the Drakk’har, who are a kind of a reptile type creature but our forces are moving in on their planet that they make their ships.  We have ground forces as well as a battleships so there are a lot of characters to follow plus we get to know the alien forces as well.

Darkness Breaks (Darkness Falls, #2)

Darkness Breaks (Darkness Falls #2) by Jessica Sorensen

This is the second book in the series.  Kayla is still trying to figure out who she is and how she is supposed to save the world.  Good action and I still enjoy the characters plus we learn all new things about the Others as well as Kayla.

Zomblog (Zomblog, #1)

Zomblog (Zomblog #1) by TW Brown

I wasn’t sure if I was going to enjoy a book written in journal type entries but with everything going on really makes you forget it was written that way.  It was a little odd when the main character dies considering he was writing the journal but someone else picks it up and continues it.  I think this is probably a pretty accurate book about what would happen if zombies took over.  We’d end up fighting ourselves more than them.

Zomblog II (Zomblog, #2)

Zomblog II (Zomblog #2) by TW Brown

The 2nd book picks up right where the first one leaves off.  As we get further away from the day the zombies take over, we meet more survivors and more crazy people.  While there are a few communities that are trying to rebuild like normal, there are others that take a step back from humanity.  I’m looking forward to getting the 3rd book in the series.

The Man Who Built the World

The Man Who Built the World by Chris Ward

A man goes home for his sister’s funeral only to be in a battle of his past that he has blocked out.  As he learns more and more about the father he hates, he learns more and more about the mother he loved and the sister he feared.  This was a good book, it kept me reading every chance I could get at work.

What do you think you’ll read next?

Synthetic: The Rise of the Siren

Synthetic:  Rise of the Siren by Shonna Wright

This may change because I have a library app and I’m waiting on a book to become available and since I can only keep the 2 weeks, I will switch over to that before this one.

If you want to join on WWW Wednesdays, click the logo on top or go to http://shouldbereading.wordpress.com/ and leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment