Saturday, December 22, 2012


alarm clockMy day started in a hurry this morning.  My alarm went off in it’s usual fashion.  It starts off vibrating and the song (Star Wars theme) starts quietly and gradually gets louder.  I got up and shut it off just as it was starting to get loud.  That’s about when I usually wake up, Cheri wakes up as soon as the vibrating starts.  It’s got to suck being such a light sleeper, I must say.  Anyways, when I shut the alarm off, I noticed it said 6:25.  Now I used to get up at 6:25 before it got cold.  Now I need the extra ten minutes to get the car defrosted.  But I couldn’t figure out why it went off at 6:25 instead of 6:15.  I have my phone (alarm) plugged in across the room because if it’s next to the bed, I will gradually learn how to shut if off before I even awake so I have to make myself get out of bed to shut it off.  So I know I didn’t snooze it, plus, like I said, Cheri is a light sleeper and she would have remembered me getting up.  So I checked my alarms to see if I clicked on the wrong one or something.  As you can see from the screen cap on the left, none of my alarms are even set for 6:25.  You can also see pretty much my whole schedule.  The 6:15 alarms are for when I’m going to work and the 7:00 alarms are my off days and I take the kids to school.  You see where 2 are labeled Week 1 and 2 care labeled week 2.  Every Sunday night, I switch between the weeks.

I guess I shouldn’t complain, it could have been worse had it been so late that I couldn’t get to work in time.  I did make it in plenty of time, you can see the time at the top right. I took the screen cap in the parking lot at work. I sit in my car until the clock in my car reads 7:00, then by the time I walk in and get clocked in, it’s still usually 6:56. The difference between my phone and the time clock is 4 minutes and my car is 4 minutes faster. That’s great in the morning, but when I get off work and by the time I get to the car, it reads over 10 minutes after.  Luckily, the car wasn’t frosted over so I didn’t have to scrape my windows this morning.  Just a few minutes to get the oil flowing and off I went.  My car heats up quicker when it’s moving anyways.

But after all that talking above, I still have no idea why it went off at 6:25.  I must have needed the extra 10 minutes of sleep.

The kids went back to their mom’s on Friday after school.  I’m not sure if it’s what happened a week ago or what, but I miss them more than usual.  Now that I think about it, I’m glad they were home last weekend, otherwise this might have hit a lot sooner and harder.  It would have sucked if I had to send them to their mom’s right after the tragedy in Connecticut.  I guess it’s more of a control thing since when they are here, they tend to hide in their bedrooms most of the time.  At least here, I know exactly where they are.  For the most part, they are safe with her.  But I know she leaves them home alone at times and let’s Samantha ride in the front seat so I’m not completely comfortable with them being there.  But the percentage is low that something will happen and I can’t do a damn thing about it anyways.  They will be back Christmas Eve and be with me on Christmas day but I did give her permission to take the kids to the JackAss’s family in the evening.  It’s a 2 hour drive so she’s picking them up at 3:30 and then she’ll keep them through Friday and I’ll have them for the weekend and probably most of the following week.  I’m already looking forward for them to come home on Monday night.

I’ve been going to town on my Spotify tournament.  I’ve been listening to a bunch of tracks.  Of course, it has nothing to do with a tournament, but rather just making sure I get to hear each of the songs on my playlists.  But it has kind of become a tournament in my head.  I’m going to write down the last 10 songs and see which one gets played last, kind of a winner.  I know, it sounds stupid, but when I was growing up, I used to put stuff in brackets and just roll dice to see who wins each bracket and see who the winner is.  Usually in March or April, not sure why.  Ok, I know why, but do you?  I’ve only got 16 tracks left to play.  I suppose I could just use the 16 and do a countdown.  The question is, do I do a whole post with it, or just add it to tomorrow’s weekly catch-up post, if I get around to doing one.  Not that any of you care, but I do and it’s my blog so bite me.  I do periodically tweet what I’m listening to or when I add songs to my other playlist at my other Twitter account – @DailyJLaws13 in case you want to follow along.  Don’t worry, I don’t post 80 songs a day, just every so often if a song tickles my fancy.  It’s usually tweeted with a link so you can listen as well.

Jeffs Daily Activity (DailyJlaws13) on Twitter(1)

I don’t know how much I’ll be around with the holidays coming up at the beginning of the week but I’ll try to get out a post on Monday, if for anything, just to wish everyone a Merry Christmas.  I don’t want to promise anything because sometimes I just do this when I know I should blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment