Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Written Word Wednesdays #6

Since I’ve been combining my WWW Wednesdays and Stacking the Shelves into one post, I’ve decided to rename the posts to Written Word Wednesdays. 

WWW_Wednesdays4

WWW Wednesdays #33

To play along, I’m supposed to answer 3 easy questions.

What are you currently reading?

Ghost Hand (The PSS Chronicles, #1)

Ghost Hand (the PSS Chronicles #1) by Ripley Patton

I’m at the halfway point and I like it.  It’s different and it’s been fairly exciting so far.

What did you recently finish reading?

Dead, but Not for Long

Dead But Not For Long by Matthew Kinney and Lesa Kinney Anders

I gave this 4 stars.  It wasn’t a typical zombie book as the storyline was a little different than most.  It takes place in Lansing and a group of survivors take control of a hospital.  Most books run from hospitals because they are usually the highest concentration of zombies.  This also has a biker gang that helps out and a few docs and nurses trying to keep their patients alive.  Maybe it wasn’t a lot different but I enjoyed it more than most.

Spending the Holidays with People I Want to Punch in the Throat

Spending the Holidays with People I Want to Punch in the Throat by Jen

I bought this after Christmas last year when it went cheaper but I sat on it for a year so I could at least read it when Christmas time was rolling around.  I gave this 4 stars, I read Jen’s blog so I was used to her humor and this has some great holiday stories in it.

Snow Bound

Snow Bound by Blake Crouch

I gave this 4 stars as well.  This wasn’t a supernatural type book but a thriller/mystery like I used to read.  A woman turns up missing and her husband runs with their daughter when he starts to be accused.  Years later, when a FBI agent shows up at his door and claims his innocence, he goes with her to prove it but gets thrown into a thriller trying to find out what happens to his wife.  It was a great read with a twist at the end.

Wick (Wick, #1)

Wick (Wick #1) by Michael Bunker

I gave this 3 stars as it just didn’t hold my attention that well.  It wasn’t horrible but it wasn’t great.  It’s kind of a cold war extended when a man stumbles upon a government facility in the mountains that houses Russian prisoners.  After seeking shelter there, he starts to learn a lot more about this facility and it’s inhabitants.

What do you think you’ll read next?

Binary Cycle: Disruption (Binary Cycle, #1)

Binary Cycle: Disruption by WJ Davies

After inhabiting a planet for 200 years, something is discovered that could very well destroy what’s left of humanity.

If you want to join on WWW Wednesdays, click the logo on top or go to http://shouldbereading.wordpress.com/ and leave a comment.

Stacking the Shelves #17

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual.

 

Free Falling

 

Free Falling (the Irish End Game series #1) by Susan Kiernan-Lewis

A family vacation turns into an apocalyptic nightmare.

Purchase Price – Free

Kindle version

 

 

 

First Contact (In Her Name: The Last War, #1)

 

First Contact (In Her Name: the Last War #1) by Michael R. Hicks

Sounds very Star Trekish.  Why wouldn’t I try it?

Purchase Price – Free

Kindle version

 

 

 

Out of Darkness (The Starborn Saga, #1)

 

Out of Darkness (the Starborn Saga #1) by Jason D. Morrow

Zombies, again.  I can’t help it.

Purchase Price – Free

Kindle version

 

 

 

Christmas Cats - A Christmas Picture Book For Kids

 

Christmas Cats – A Christmas Picture Book for Kids by Rachel Poole

Don’t judge me, I got this for my wife, not even for my kids.

Purchase Price – Free

Kindle version

No comments:

Post a Comment