Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Written Word Wednesdays #5

Since I’ve been combining my WWW Wednesdays and Stacking the Shelves into one post, I’ve decided to rename the posts to Written Word Wednesdays. 

WWW_Wednesdays4

WWW Wednesdays #32

To play along, I’m supposed to answer 3 easy questions.

What are you currently reading?

Dead, but Not for Long

Dead But Not For Long by Matthew Kinney and Lesa Kinney Anders

Another zombie book, it’s been good so far but I’m only 30% in.

What did you recently finish reading?

A Vow of Tears

A Vow Of Tears by Jill H. O’Bones

I gave this 4 stars, I enjoyed it.  A mother turned vampire does what she can to protect her son from being turned.  What will she have to do and what exactly has she become?

Demonworld

Demonworld (Demonworld #1) by Kyle B. Stiff

I gave this 3 stars.  I didn’t really find much fault with it, I just had trouble getting into the story itself, but I can’t pinpoint why.  I did enjoy the final fight scene at the end though.  It wasn’t a horrible book, it just didn’t connect with me.

What do you think you’ll read next?

Spending the Holidays with People I Want to Punch in the Throat

Spending the Holidays with People I Want to Punch in the Throat by Jen

I’ve actually been sitting on this one since last Christmas.  I bought it after Christmas last year at a discount but being as it was Christmas oriented, it didn’t seem right reading it then so I waited in the holidays rolled around again.  What better time then now.

If you want to join on WWW Wednesdays, click the logo on top or go tohttp://shouldbereading.wordpress.com/ and leave a comment.

 

Stacking the Shelves #16

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual.

The War of the Worlds

 

the War of the Worlds by HG Wells

The classic.  I probably read this in school but I figured I’d re-read it now that I’m more of a book nut.

Purchase Price – Free

Kindle Edition

 

 

Contamination 1: The Onset

 

The Onset (Contamination #1) by TW Piperbrook

Zombie box set, I got the first 3 books for .99.  I believe the actual set is more than 3 books so we’ll see if they are worth picking up later.

Purchase Price – $.33

Kindle Edition

 

 

Contamination 2: Crossroads

 

Crossroads (Contamination #2) by TW Piperbrook

See above.

Purchase Price – $.33

Kindle Edition

 

 

 

Contamination 3: Wasteland (Post-Apocalyptic Zombie Series)

 

Wasteland (Contamination #3) by TW Piperbrook

See above, no above that.

Purchase Price - $.33

Kindle Edition

 

 

 

Blood Skies (Blood Skies, #1)

 

Blood Skies (Blood Skies #1) by Steven Montano

Seems interesting.  Worlds collide and we are not the only species roaming the earth anymore.

Purchase Price – Free

Kindle Edition

 

 

Child of the Ghosts (Ghosts, #1)

 

Child of the Ghosts (the Ghosts #1) by Jonathan Moeller

A woman joins a secret organization in order to hunt the things that destroyed her family.

Purchase Price – Free

Kindle Edition

 

 

Vampires Rule (The Rule #1)

 

Vampires Rule (the Rule #1) by KC Blake

First he was a vampire, then a werewolf, now he’s human.  The problem with having a normal life is being hunted like you weren’t human again.

Purchase Price – Free

Kindle Edition

 

 

Aurora Sky (Aurora Sky: Vampire Hunter, #1)

 

Aurora Sky (Aurora Sky: Vampire Hunter #1) by Nikki Jefford

A rare blood type makes her immune to vampires, as a matter of fact, her blood kills them.  So the government  recruits her to be a hunter.

Purchase Price – Free

Kindle Edition

 

 

The Undead Pool (The Hollows, #12)

 

The Undead Pool (The Hollows #12) by Kim Harrison

My favorite series by far.  This was a pre-order, it doesn’t come out until Feb. 25th.  My mom bought it for me for an early/late Christmas present.

Purchase Price – $14.54

Kindle Edition

No comments:

Post a Comment