Friday, December 20, 2013

Some quicky movie reviews

A couple quick reviews.  We hit Redbox on Tuesday night and picked up 3 new releases.

 

 

We’re the Millers

We had been looking forward to this and it was actually the reason I stopped by Redbox that night.

It was well worth it, it was hilarious.  Not to mention a hot strip dance scene with Jennifer Aniston but even better was the comedy.  Some of it was raunchy humor but I don’t mind that, I am a factory worker.

5/5 stars

 

 

 

2 Guns

This had it’s good parts but it wasn’t quite as good as I was hoping.  I do like the buddy cop movies which this is, more or less.  It had some really funny parts with Denzel and Marky Mark, just not as many as I had thought it would.  The action scenes were pretty good as well so it certainly wasn’t a horrible movie, it was pretty good, just not as good as I had thought it would be.

4/5 stars

 

 

 

Elysium

This was pretty good as far as SciFi standards go.  I enjoyed it, great action and story.  Seeing Matt Damon with his head shaved took some getting used to but no more than seeing the mechanism coming out the back of his head later in the movie.  My wife, who doesn’t generally like SciFi, liked it, so that says something.

4/5 stars

1 comment:

  1. I was wondering about Elysium. Might have to rent it now.

    ReplyDelete