Sunday, April 2, 2017

Week #13 of 2016

I actually had a good week, walking wise that is. I went walking after work on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday. I got over 8,000 steps (my daily goal) every work day this week. Monday was a nice day so I headed out after work. Tuesday was chilly and windy so I opted out. Wednesday was nice again so I went but on Thursday, it was chilly and windy but I had to take my car in to get looked at and rather then just sitting in the lounge waiting, I brought my walking stuff, dropped off the car and went for a walk. The route I picked ended up being 2.4 miles (I usually walk a little over 2 miles). It kicked my ass but it wasn't the extra mileage, it was using a sidewalk and for part of it, I had to walk through grass and avoid water areas. The concrete they use on the sidewalks doesn't agree with my shin splints. I seem to do ok on asphalt or whatever else roads are made of, but the sidewalks didn't agree with me.

On Friday, I had to stay after work because the 2nd shift guy didn't show up, plus it was chilly again so once again I opted out. Saturday, however, was sunny and in the 60's but we know I never walk on Saturday. I decided to get my ass out there and go. I walked down to my mom's house, which ended up being 2.7 miles. She then drove me home since I had to go pick up the kids and she was heading towards my house anyways.

Since yesterday ended up being 2.7 miles, I decided to up it today and walked a 3 mile route. I had to walk past my house about 100 feet and back just to get the 3 miles but I got it. I haven't decided if I'm going to stick to the 2 miles after work or do the 3. I'm definitely doing the 3 on days I don't work but since I get so many steps at work, I may only do the 2 on those days.

Day 89 (Madison, WI) - 290.2 Miles

With my 3 mile walk today, that should put me where I wanted to walk by in Madison tomorrow, so maybe I'll even get a post out.

This was posted to my Random Thoughts Facebook page.




twitter4

Apparently I didn't tweet so much this week.


My wife hates being called that so you know I'm going to teach them. I already told the 2 kids that live with me and told the oldest daughter and they all agreed to teach their kids to call her that.

https://lastsongoftheday.blogspot.com/










58,336 steps isn't the most I've ever had in a week but it's been a long time since I've had that many. We'll see if I can't beat it this week.

1 comment:

  1. You did great! I hope to reach that this coming week, if the weather cooperates!

    ReplyDelete