Wednesday, March 12, 2014

A free book for you

9a867c69331c0dd3ae3a6eefc830f30e

I told you I started a new job yesterday (I told you yesterday, I started Monday).  I’ve already noticed the worst part about leaving my old job.  Any guesses?  The friends, the job, the pay?  Nope, nope and nope.  It would be that I got to read a lot at work.  There were days when we were busy and I didn’t read much on the line and only on my breaks, but I took 4 half hour breaks and the majority of those breaks, I took alone.  If you go to my books finished page (which I need to update), you’ll see I started off slow.  A couple of books a month, 3 books was a good month.  Then in May of last year, they took away the wifi, we weren’t suppose to use it in the first place, but I knew the password.  When I had time on the line, instead of reading books, I would read blogs.  When they took the internet, I read books even more and went up to 5 or 6 books a month.  So I was reading a lot.  This blog had quite a few book related posts and now it will have very few unless I can change my reading habits.

I love to read, I love getting lost in a good story but I don’t ever take the time to read at home.  Why?  Well, because I love TV shows for the same reason and I do a lot of stuff on the internet.  I can do those at the same time though and I can’t read books while I do other things.  I suppose I could cut back on the internet time and make time to read because I don’t always watch new shows, I don’t really care if reruns are on when I’m reading.  I may follow them and laugh along but it’s not something I really pay that much attention to but it can be a distraction if I was reading.  I suppose I could go to another room but where?  Lay on my bed, not really a comfortable for reading.  Sit at one of the kids desks, no thanks.  So my options are, sit in the living room and block out the TV, sit where I’m uncomfortable, or don’t read.  So far, I haven’t been reading but I need to change that, I just don’t know when or how.

Migrators

As per my luck, I had 2 authors contact me this week and ask if I wanted free copies to review.  Go figure.  As per your luck, one of those authors is inviting all of you to free copies of his new book.   I reviewed Ike Keller’s novel “Extinct”. (my review here) and he’s offering his newer book – Migrators to any of you who want it.  So if you’d like a Kindle copy, let me know your email address, either in a comment or you can email me, my email is in my blogger profile.

No comments:

Post a Comment