Thursday, May 3, 2012

Growing Pains

It’s late, I’m bored and I don’t feel like reading blogs.  So I’m going through past blog posts on this blog.  I originally started this blog on Feb. 22, 2011.  I used to use it as more of a journal of what I was doing daily.  I’m starting at the older ones and reading to the current ones.  Figured I’d make some notes along the way.

  • I did humor posts all the way back then.  Just pictures of crap I find funny.  Guess that hasn’t changed.
  • This post from Feb, 23rd, 2011, I made the comment that I was going to try my Kindle app on my phone to read.  Boy have I grown there.  Now I use the Kindle Fire.
  • On this post – Work from Feb, 24th, 2011.  I made the comment that where I work would never pay for us to have uniforms.  Here I am, a little over a year later, wearing uniforms to work that they pay for.  Little do the rest of the employee that enjoy free uniforms know, I’m the one that pushed for them to pay for them.  Check out the post to see my work clothes and why I wanted uniforms.
  • Made fun of my Wife’s memory on Feb. 26th, 2011.  Little did I realize at the time, that there was a medical reason.  At least that’s what she blames it on.
  • TV & Movie guide – 2/22 – 2/27.  I kept track of everything I watched.  Hehe.  Sounds familiar.  I should have thought of building a social website where you can check in to what your watching.  Like I do now with GetGlue.com.  I could have been rich, rich I tell you.
  • Weekend Update, March 19th, 2011 – I’m just posting this quote that I said.  “Lesson for this week: Never trust the system, honesty will always kick you in the ass. Lie, lie, lie. The system doesn't know what to do when confronted with the truth.
  • New Blog & Apparently I’m Old (March 29th, 2011) – Announced my sports blog.  I’m guessing my focus on this blog goes away for awhile after a few posts.
  • Mother’s Day (May 8th, 2011) – A nice post I wrote about my mom.
  • Deadbeat Parents (June 3rd, 2011) – A post about, you guessed it, deadbeat parents.  I could post about them daily.  I’m surrounded by them.
  • I love my wife (June 9th, 2011) – This was posted a few weeks after she was diagnosed with MS.
  • MSS, that’s me (July 5th, 2011) – My fears in dealing with my wife’s MS.
  • Samantha’s Party (July 7th, 2011) – A post about my daughter’s birthday party.  But what makes this worthwhile, go and check out the picture on how I taught my daughter to swim in the deep end.  I look like a bad ass.  Yeah!
  • This is one of my most popular posts, stats wise.  Please teach your kids (Oct 2nd, 2011) was after my kids and I were in the car and a guy on a bike cut in front of me and ended up smashing a hole through my windshield.
  • We so looked forward to this trip to Chicago, and it was a huge disappointment.
  • Here’s where I decided to use this blog for what it was intended, so I could write (Feb 3rd, 2012).  You’ll have to read that blog and click the link to the blog post on my sports blog that inspired it all.
  • Another popular post from Feb 19th, 2012 about raising kids
  • A true post about what my wife has to deal with on a daily basis when dealing with her genetic disaster (March 3rd, 2012)

This is pretty much where Random Thoughts from a Random Guy progressed to what it is today.  It was kind of cool for me reminiscing over the past year.  Next time I go back and read, it will be even better because now I put a lot more of my thoughts on the blog for everybody to read.  Here’s to another year of blogging, hopefully you enjoyed this journey in my growth as a blogger.  And I realize I’m not that great at this whole blogging thing, but I’ve progressed some, hopefully I will continue to do so.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, this post had to be a lot of work. I'll check out some of the older posts, cause I only found your blog a couple months ago.

    I've thought of doing something like this to connect up related posts, but not really a whole summary - and I've only been blogging since December!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was up to 1 in the morning last night doing it. My wife went to bed early and that's what happens when I don't have my wife to tell me to go to bed.

      The one you need to read is this one - http://jccsst-random.blogspot.com/2012/04/virginia-was-for-my-lover.html

      I posted that while you were moving so you might have missed it.

      Delete
  2. Call me your next trip to Chicago - I'll hook you up right, man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sucked because I really love Chicago and my wife had never been downtown. So I really wanted it to go well. We don't hate the town (My favorite city) but it was just a bad experience.

      I'll call you, you couldn't make it any worse.

      Delete