Thursday, May 17, 2012

Gossipy Idiots

Let’s start this story with some background.  My shift right now is 7am-3pm Monday-Friday.  Then if we are busy (which we have been) we’ll work Saturday’s and occasionally Sundays.  Well they announced last week that we are changing to 4 shifts and 12 hour days.  So we will be working 2 days on, 2 days off, 3 days on, 2 days off, ect.  Working Friday, Saturday and Sunday every other weekend.  So essentially this paragraph is to tell you, people are upset.  Lots of quitting and looking for other jobs in the next few weeks.  Tensions are high.

With the additions of the new shift come new job opportunities.  Yesterday, I heard a rumor going around that I was asked to take a supervisor position.  I was never asked.  This morning I heard a rumor that I was asked to take a position in the lab.  I was never asked.  Point of fact, yesterday, I told them I no longer want to be used as the backup for either lab position.  Both these rumors came from the unracking area, as most of the rumors in the plant do.  It’s mostly women down there and you women just love to gossip.

I walked in to the breakroom on my 1st break which coincidentally is the same time unracking is in the breakroom.  I walked in and started talking to Mo and everyone loudly (I cleaned up the language, I’m a bit of a potty mouth at work, sorry mom)

“I don’t know why your area feels the need to talk about me, I don’t talk about you people, I don’t care about you people.  All I hear is that this place has asked me to take a few positions.  This place don’t care about me anymore than you do.  This place doesn’t even like me like you people think they do.  I’m sure you people have better things to gossip about than me.”

Then I sat down in the corner and ate my breakfast.  They finished their break and headed out to work.  A little later, I’m back doing my job, and I hear that unracking is talking about how pissed I am.  I do tend to have a reputation of speaking my mind, I don’t hold back, to most everyone.  Now I’m always in control of what I’m saying, but it usually seems like I’m not.  I’ve even been accused of being a hot head which is so far from the truth.  I’m so laid back and don’t care that it takes a lot, and I mean A LOT to piss me off.  Now what I said to them up above, wasn’t said in anger.  I really don’t care what people talk about.  I really don’t care if they talk about me.  I once was accused of being gay by a homophobe.  Did I get angry?  Hell no!  I hit on him.  Told him he was looking mighty fine.  He got the point.  As did these women up above.

A little later, I told the crane operator about it and told him to go downstairs and tell them that I was up here cussing up a storm and was all pissed off at him.  Then a little later after that I ran into him again and he told me that he should tell them that I said when I become a supervisor that I was going to fire all of them.  I loved it, I told him to do it.

Awhile later, maybe an hour or so before we left, Miguel tells me that he told them he didn’t think I was pissed and he takes me down to the shuttle area and calls over Tammy because she was the one that the rumor came from.  As she was walking up, I yelled down at her

“Why the hell do you always have to be running your mouth”

Again, I cleaned up the language, you get the idea.  She stood there stunned.  Then I busted up laughing.  She wasn’t quite sure what to say.  I explained to her that I wasn’t pissed, I never was.  That you guys just love to talk.  She told me that Mo was upset that I called her out and yelled at her.  So I went down and found her, because unlike most of them in unracking, Mo and I are friends.  I walked up and she busted up laughing.  She said

“Good one, you had them all going, it didn’t take but 30 seconds once they got out of the breakroom before they started talking about how pissed you were.”

So I asked her if she thought I was mad or called her out because that’s what I was told.  She said no, I know you better than that, plus you were smiling while you were talking.  So we chatted a bit about how much the people down there are gossipy idiots.  So basically, I had fun screwing with everyone down there.

I used to screw with people all the time.  I’ve been trying to be on better behavior at work so I haven’t been starting anything.  But today reminded me how much I enjoy screwing with people.  I really need to start doing that again.  It was the first day I had at work in a long time, where I actually had fun.  Even with all the BS about our hours changing.

No comments:

Post a Comment