Sunday, November 22, 2020

Random Artists #2

I actually got a post in this past weekend, so be shocked that you're getting 2 in a week. I enjoyed doing the Random Artist post last week so I though I'd hit you up with another one.

I've actually been listening to new music via the Discover Weekly playlist on Spotify so I'm adding quite a few new artists to my playlists. This week, the playlist is at 3,959 songs which is up 32 songs from last week and 1,107 artists which is up 11 artists.


Artist #1 - Random #541

Kid Rock - I've listened to 241 tracks since 2018.

The top 12 tracks are all on my playlists. I believe Cocky was on that Discover Weekly playlist and I ended up not adding it. The Devil Without a Cause album I had on CD which is why you'll see 5 songs off that album. These are all in order of how many times I've listened to the songs but they are pretty much all on the same playlist.

Artist #2 - Random #568

Lifehouse - I've listened to 78 tracks since 2018.


As you can see, I only have 3 tracks on my playlist but I listen to them all pretty regularly. There's only 4 play difference between the 1st and last song. All are pretty good songs, they are probably another artist that if I took the time to listen to them, I'd probably find a bunch more songs.

Artist #3 - Random #981

the Offspring - I've listened to 153 tracks since 2018.


These 6 tracks are all the Offspring that I have on my playlists and again, there is only 6 play difference between the top and the bottom which isn't bad considering I've listened to them 153 times in the last 3 years. Of course, when I think of the Offspring, the song Why Don't You Get a Job is the song that pops in my head.

Artist #4 - Random #373

Foreigner - I've listened to 218 tracks since 2018.


I've got 9 tracks listed under this 80's staple. I really like most of these songs but as you can see, 2 are marked as my favorites (currently 251 songs marked as favorites). There is quite a difference between the top to the bottom at 13 plays. It seems like I should probably know more of their songs as popular as they were but these are the ones I have so far.

Artist #5 - Random #932

the Beach Boys - I've listened to 187 tracks since 2018.

I don't know how you wouldn't know any Beach Boys songs. Depending on your mood, they are one of those bands that when they come on you don't want to hear it or you sing along with it. I have actually seen them in concert a whole lot of years ago. It was a free concert under the arch in St. Louis as part of the 4th of July celebration.

That's quite a group of 5 artists. I'm thinking about incoorporating something like this on my music blog, we'll see. The wheels are turning in my head. I may play around with the idea tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment