Sunday, November 29, 2020

Covid update and more

Not to much going on around here. I'm trying to getting in the habit of posting more often, even if it's just everyday stuff. I've told you before (probably awhile ago) that I have a blog (not public) where I list everything in a daily format. For example, if you go to today's page, it starts with 2009 and lists a Facebook post that I did. In 2012, I posted a tweet and an Instagram photo along with 4 blog posts. I also went to work that day. I've gone back through my social media and Google maps and listed everything for each year that I have listed. I started this a couple of years ago and it's taking me that long to compile all the info. I've also added newer stuff like what TV shows I've watched, how many songs I've listened to, what I've eaten that day as well as when I woke up and went to bed. I also add any photos which some even predate social media as I have scanned older stuff and added them. I also have 2 quick journal spots. One is sports related, the other personal but I tend to just put quick bullet point type entries. So I want to start using this blog to get in more depth of what's going on in my life, even if it isn't much.

TV

I've been wanting to watch Star Trek: Discovery but I wasn't going to pay for CBS All Access. I just found out that they are playing it on CBS every week now so I'm finally watching it. I watched the first 2 episodes On Demand Friday night and the 3rd recorded on the DVR so I'll get to continue that week by week. I may be a couple years behind but at least I'm able to watch it now.

With the holidays and lack of stuff on TV, we're back to watching stuff off the streaming services or On Demand. Yesterday we watched Welcome to Plathville. My wife has seen previews and wanted to start watching it so we went back and watched season 1 and what's played of season 2 so far. Wow! I'm all for protecting my children because the world sucks but you also have to prepare them that it does suck. They aren't going to live in a bubble for the rest of their lives.

Last night we watched a couple Christmas movies on Netflix. We don't generally watch a lot of those but we liked the Christmas Chronicles with Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn and they just released the 2nd one. After it was over, they advertised another one called the Christmas Drop. It wasn't bad either and in the end we found out it was based on a true story and my wife likes those.

I also found out last night that HBO is free On Demand until the end of the month. Which is tomorrow. Would have been nice to know that sooner. I'm trying to catch up on some shows off of it that we like, or I should say, that I like. I watched an episode of Westworld last night and am watching more today. I had watched season 1 back when we watched Game of Thrones and I would use my daughter's boyfriends HBO Now account but I haven't had access to the channel since then. They cancelled it when Game of Thrones ended. I'll probably watch that most of today. At least until the Michigan basketball game comes on tonight.

I wanted to start Lovecraft Country but I'm not sure I'll have time before the free time ends.

You can track what movies I watch here.

Music

I mentioned that I'm pretty big into music now. I listen to around 120-150 songs a day when I work and sometimes when I don't, I can still get around 100 or so. Pretty much anytime I don't have a TV on, I have music on. My playlist has almost 4000 songs on it. I was content just adding songs here and there while building the playlist but now, I'm broadening my playlist by listening to stuff I've never heard before and adding stuff here or there. I use the discovery weekly playlist on Spotify to listen to stuff I haven't heard, plus I'm doing a random artists post once a week on my music blog and have added songs from artists that I already listen to.

You can track what music I'm listening to here.

Covid

I told you all my aunt, uncle and grandmother had Covid. Last I've heard, they are all improving or at least, not getting worse but I got a text from my mom, apparently my sort of nephew (my cousin's kid) is in the hospital with it and not doing well. He's only in his early 20's so it is pretty scary right now. He's not responding to treatment and is getting help breathing.

I'll be honest, when I got the text a day or two ago, even though he was in the hospital, my thought was he was young, no biggie, he'll get better. I got the text today about him worsening and it really kind of hit home. I'm truly worried about him and it's scary that we may lose him. I can't imagine being his parents and not even being able to see him.

I'm pretty safe as in I don't really go anywhere so I'm not in the public much. We do most of our shopping online or do curbside pick up. I could be safer at work, for the most part I'm by myself but I do have to sit in on meetings and such and am not always as safe as I should be. With the recent events, I plan on changing that. There are things I could do better.

That's all for today. I'm getting sleepy just sitting here and I have to work tomorrow so I need to avoid taking a nap so I can go to bed at a decent time. Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment