Sunday, November 8, 2020

Random Artists #1

I don't have much to post about anymore, kids are growing up and I don't do much. Really the only thing I could post about is work and I try not to post about work so it can't be held against me. I've seen plenty of times where people get in trouble for what they post on social media. What I do do (I said doodoo) is listen to a lot of music. You can see that here. So I've been trying to come up with some posts over here.

On my sports blog, on some Sunday's, I post random cards from my collections. So I thought, maybe I could do a random post here of some kind, only with music. So I randomed all the artist on my playlist of 3,927 songs (1,096 artists) and we'll see if I have anything to say about them.

Artist #1 - Random #1036

Tommy Lee - Listened to 33 times since 2018.


These are the only 2 tracks of his that I have listened to in the last year or so. Hold Me Down is on my playlist so I know that one, I believe Good Times was probably on the "Discovery" playlist on Spotify which is supposed to give you songs that you may like. Apparently I didn't, because I didn't add it.

Obviously, Tommy Lee was a part of Motley Crue of which I have some songs of but this track is the only one I listen to from his solo career. I don't know that I've even heard others so I probably heard Hold Me Down on the radio as it came out 10 years ago and that was pre-streaming music. I don't listen to the radio anymore.


Artist #2 - Random #623

Megadeath - Listened to 29 times since 2018.

Megadeath has been around forever so I probably know more of their music (I may not) but I haven't taken the time to listen to anything else. This is the only song I listen to regularly. I heard this song back when I used to watch wrestling and I believe this was Goldberg's song at some point.


Artist #3 - Random #832

Sharon Van Etten - Listened to 22 times since 2018.

Again, only one song with the 3rd artist. I don't really know anything about this artist but I do know where I picked up the song and added it to my playlist. It was on the Man in the High Castle, it may even be the song during the opening credit but I'm not positive on that. I haven't watched it in awhile. I also know it's a cover but I don't know if I've ever heard the original or not.


Artist #4 - Random #916

Tesla - Listened to 36 times since 2018.

I finally got an artist with more than 1 song on my playlist, even though it's only 2. This is probably another artist that I probably know more of their songs but I haven't taken the time to look. I generally add songs when I hear them or think about them. Both of these songs were pretty popular in their day.

Anytime I hear the song Signs, I think of the skit that Bob & Tom (radio show) played. When it gets to the line that says "and I jumped over the fence and said, what gives you the r..." next thing you hear are gun shots and the song is over.


Artist #5 - Random #680

Nine Inch Nails - Listened to 88 times since 2018.

This is the first artist with 3 songs and also the first artist that I have streamed over 50 times in the last 3 years. Which is surprising because I've streamed 33% of those artists more than 50 times. So maybe it's not as surprising that 1 out of 5 has over 50 when only 1 of 3 has done it. Anyways, enough of the math. The songs are listed in order of amount of listens since October of last year.

I know of Nine Inch Nails, they've been around awhile as well but I don't believe I really know a lot of their music. I believe all 3 of these tracks I used to hear on the radio when I listened to it.


That's it for today, we'll see if this becomes a regular thing or not.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment