Sunday, January 12, 2020

Losing weight, slowly

So, since I got a new Fitbit for Christmas and I was playing around with, I noticed it has a food and water tracker. I already knew it did, my old did as well, but this one I can actually add on the device so I don't have to remember everything. It also has a weight tracker and when I was putting my weight I played with the weight loss portion and it said if I keep the calorie intake in the green that I could lose weight. I set it up to lose 50 lbs, by November.

I know that sounds pretty easy to do in 11 months but let's face it, while I am pretty overweight, I'm also very healthy. I have some aches and pains that I hope will subside with the weight loss but I also realize that I'm closing in on 50 years old so I'm probably still going to have those. I'm not a diabetic, nor do I have high blood pressure. As a matter of fact, the only issue I have are my work pants are starting to get a little snug. If I need to prove that I'm healthy than here you go, I had perfect attendance at work last year. I get 2 personal days to use anytime I call in, I used them during our Christmas break so I could get paid during the time off.
So losing weight by November isn't that big of a deal because I'm not losing weight because of health problems but rather, just because I'm fat. So my goal is to keep my calorie intake in the green (it measure how much I eat compared to how much I burn) and drink more water. It doesn't seem like much but I do tend to overeat and I don't drink much water so they are both necessary anyways.

The real reason that I'm choosing to lose weight this way is because I like what I eat and I hate exercise. It's not that I can't exercise, it's that I don't enjoy it. I don't like working out, I don't like even going for a walk without a reason so. I have other things I'd rather be doing. So this is what I'm going to try and see if it works out.
Besides, it's unhealthy to lose weight to fast.

2 comments:

  1. I am the same way with exercise. I HATE it. I joined a gym years ago and went three times a week for a year. I DID NOT flake and just not go. I went. Everyone told me that once the habit was developed, my attitude would change. It did not. HATE IT HATE IT HATE.

    I did not renew a second year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's me, I don't like it and don't want anything to do with it. It's not that I can't, I just don't enjoy it.

      Delete