Saturday, November 10, 2018

Walking update

* I keep track of my steps and put them to a map as if I was walking across country.

I haven't posted in awhile about keeping track of my steps but I am still doing it. Last time I did post about it though, I had said it would be awhile before I did again because I was in the middle of the west where there isn't really anything to look at. Since I was cutting across the country, I decided to run by where I took a trip back in the 80's.


This is what it looks like to the East, it's really exciting stuff isn't it. Now you see why I haven't posted much. This is what it looks like facing West.


Those would be the Grand Tetons. I hiked to the top of those back when I was younger. They are in Wyoming. It was summer but there were spots of snow that we still had to hike across which should give you an idea just how big they are.


This is a more professional photo instead of the Google Map photo. I went with a group of about 12-15 kids, all my age at the time. Only 2 of us made it to the top, me being 1 of them. I wish I had all my photos and I'm pretty sure I had a journal of some type from the trip that I would love to go through again. It was an amazing trip. We spent a week in Jackson Hole, Wyoming and did all kinds of things. White water rafting on the Snake River and hiked up the Grand Tetons just to name 2. I'm sure I had other kinds of memories but they have faded over the years, which is why I wish I still had the photos/journal.

Day 678 - Alta, WY (2213.61)

I have crossed the 1,000 miles for the year but I doubt I'm going to hit the 1,500 mile goal I had set at the beginning of the year. Let's see where we are.

Goal - 1500 miles (4.1 miles/day)
Currently - 1034.81 miles (3.32 miles/day)

I was at 3.36 miles a day so that has slipped but either way, it's still almost a mile less than what I needed for the goal. Now that I'm a supervisor at work, I get less steps because I have to sit through some meetings. Not a lot of them, but enough to make a difference. I rarely hit 10,000 in a day any more. I should go out an walk when I get home but I've found that it makes my tendonitis flare up when I do a bunch of steps at once so that's pretty much out.

It is what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment