Wednesday, September 25, 2013

WWW Wednesdays #26 & Stacking the Shelves #10

WWW_Wednesdays4

To play along, I’m supposed to answer 3 easy questions.

What are you currently reading?

Touched (The Marnie Baranuik Files #1)

Touched (The Marnie Baranuik Files #1) by AJ Aalto

A book with a forensic psychic.  Two things I enjoy reading about.  I haven’t actually started reading it as I finished my last book just before I left work so I will start this one on Friday.

What did you recently finish reading?

Social Media Holocaust

Social Media Holocaust by Brian Krogstad & Damien Darby

I gave this 3 stars.  It was a little far fetched, not that I mind having to use my imagination but I had trouble seeing this happen.  Sure, I could see a few murders happen this way but not enough to cause a holocaust.

Bottle Full of Scorpions

Bottle Full of Scorpions by John Dominick

I gave this 4 stars.  It was pretty interesting reading how the main character survives these scorpion like aliens killing everyone where he lives.  He survives just fine on his own until more survivors get stuck with him.  Then it becomes survival of the fittest.  I thought it was a good read and looked forward to picking it up when I had a chance.

Fraidy Hole

Fraidy Hole (Sheriff Lester P. Morrison #1) by Warren Williams

Another book I gave 4 stars.  This one was the type of book I used to read a lot.  Nothing supernatural, just a good old fashioned crime thriller.  Sheriff Lester P. Morrison and his deputy were pretty believable characters and I enjoyed their interaction.  It was a good read and I didn’t see who did it until the end, which is what I like.

Blood Crimes: Book One

Blood Crimes (book one) by Dave Zeltserman

I have this one 4 stars as well.  It was more or less a vampire book but quite a bit different as in it is a virus and the psychopath is trying to keep the world in the dark about them so they will always have food so he controls them all, except the one that got away.  This book is about him trying to survive with this virus with the help of his significant other who isn’t effected but wants to be.

Promise (Soul Savers, #1)

Promise (Soul Keepers #1) by Kristie Cook

I gave this 4 stars even though I didn’t like the cliff hanger ending.  I don’t mind endings like that but usually in a book, you at least get to finish the main storyline with an ending to make you want to read the next book but this one didn’t seem like it finished anything and is just continuing.

What do you think you’ll read next?

Six days with the Dead

Six Days with the Dead by Stephen Charlick

Zombies!  Yes, please.

If you want to join on WWW Wednesdays, click the logo on top or go tohttp://shouldbereading.wordpress.com/ and leave a comment.

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual.

Point Apocalypse

 

Point Apocalypse by Alex Bobl

A prison on another planet.  No laws to protect you.  Sounds good to me

Purchase Price – free

Kindle version

No comments:

Post a Comment