Monday, September 16, 2013

Music Monday’s #7

zzz-musicmondays

Welcome to the next edition of Music Mondays.  It’s pretty basic, I take a playlist and put it on random, and post what comes up.

  • Playlist – “Anything & Everything”
  • Description – Anything from Christian to Rock, Rap to Country, Classical to 80’s.  It goes from the 1960’s to current.  Pretty much anything and everything that I like.
  • Number of songs on the playlist – 1,430 songs (up 21 songs from last post)

 

  1. Payphone (Maroon 5)
  2. Crystal Blue Persuasion (Tommy James & the Shondells)
  3. I Miss the Way (Michael W. Smith)
  4. Higher (Creed)
  5. Whiskey Hangover (Godsmack)
  6. You Are Not Alone (Michael Jackson)
  7. Wild Side (Motley Crue)
  8. Take a Look Around (Limp Bizkit)
  9. I’m Crying (Allies)
  10. Just the Two Of Us (Will Smith)
  11. Just Push Play (Aerosmith)
  12. Echo (Trapt)
  13. Pants (Here Comes the Mummies)
  14. Don’t Let Your Heart Be Hardened (Petra)
  15. Billie Jean (Michael Jackson)
  16. I Guess That’s Why They Call It the Blues (Elton John)
  17. Sick Love Song (Motley Crue)
  18. Let’s Get Upset (DeGarmo & Key)
  19. Lookin’ Out My Back Door (Creedence Clearwater Revival)
  20. For Those About to Rock (We Salute You) (AC/DC)

To start with, you can see I added another 21 songs.  I probably added a few more than that because I know I deleted some as well.  Some of those, I went through the websites of the local rock station and the local top 40 station and hit up their “Top Hits” page to find some more.  The problem I have with my playlists is, I never listen to the radio anymore.  I hate the radio.  But that stops me from hearing anything new.  So I listened to clips and found a few more.  They were usually songs I had heard before but didn’t realize it.

You can also see why I create playlist and listen from top to bottom.  Out of 20 songs above on random, I got 2 from Motley Crue and 2 from Michael Jackson.  I have 385 different artists on my playlist and I get duplicate ones in less than 20 songs.  I like more of a variety than that.

I’ve decided to randomly choose an artist from above and show all the songs I have on my playlist.  I used Random.org, put the numbers 1-20 and click random 3 times, the number 4 came up at the top which would be Creed in accordance to the list above.

RANDOM.ORG - Sequence Generator

Some people don’t like Creed, sort of like Nickelback, there really isn’t a reason, they just don’t like them because everyone else says they don’t like them.  Personally, if I like their music, I like their music, I don’t really care what everyone else thinks.  I can also like a groups music without liking the group.  I have 9 songs from Creed, as you can tell, I once again went through their greatest hits album so you don’t get to see the albums.  It’s kind of pointless I guess, to put the album in the screen cap.

What’s your favorite Creed song?  Do you have any songs you would put on your playlist from them that I don’t have?

No comments:

Post a Comment