Thursday, August 30, 2012

More Randomness

Not a whole lot going on around here.  I am in the midst of my 5 12 hour days this week so I don’t have a whole lot of time.  I had yesterday and today off but I just can’t get going to do anything for this blog.  This morning, I got up and took the kids to school, then came back home and crawled back into bed.  I just couldn’t wake up.  I ended up sleeping until after 11.  I got home and my thought process was either I go back to sleep now or end up falling asleep on the couch later, I was that tired.  Don’t worry though, I never got out of my pj’s to take the kids to school.

I don’t look that cute in my Michigan pj’s though!

The kids are back in school now, in case you didn’t figure that out in the first paragraph.  So that’s less time with theEx and the JackAss so I haven’t had to deal with either of them much.  And let’s face it, I get great blog material from him.

Indiana University South Bend

We moved our oldest daughter into her campus apartment last weekend.  It was sad for her mother but I actually think her living on campus is a good thing for her and for her mother.  I think their relationship will be better now that they aren’t living together and getting on each other’s nerves.  And I definitely think Skyler needs to learn to be on her own.  Not to actually be on her own, because she was more or less that here, but to be actually responsible for cleaning up after herself.  The student housing is pretty awesome.  It’s more or less an apartment.  You walk in her door and it’s a small living room with a kitchen to the right.  Down the hall is 2 bedrooms and a bathroom.  She got the first bedroom and then the 2nd bedroom has a bathroom in it as well.  So both girls get their own bathrooms.  You have to be buzzed in to even get to her apartment door.  Then a lock on the apartment door and she also has a lock with a key to get into her bedroom door.  So it’s very safe and secure and we were happy about that.  It helps us feel a little better about her being on her own.  We might worry a bit more than most but she is still only 17 because she graduated from high school a year earlier.

I text her after her first day of classes and ask how it felt to officially be a college student now.  I got no response.  And that annoyed me, maybe it shouldn’t but it did.  If it was up to me, I would have got online and put it stop to all her texting.  The way I think is if I’m paying your cell phone bill, the least you could do is respond when I send you a text.  But I have no control over her, I tried to get her to respect me but I didn’t get the support that I needed.  So it is what it is.  I love her and I’ll miss her but I have to just accept the fact that since I am no longer apart of her daily life, that I will probably be in very little of it.

1346295276011_982393

On the positive side, the experience got me to create my first e-card.  I thought about the wording while I was at work and created the actual card when I got home.  The other positive side with Skyler moving out is that Samantha gets her own room now.  Cheri went in and cleaned and rearranged it so it felt more like her own room.  Sam loves it.  And I love that Sam is getting a little more appreciative of Cheri.  Their relationship has gotten better in the last few months as well.  Although, I’m not sure Cheri is happy about it.  She said, she liked it better when Samantha was afraid of her because now she talks non-stop to her.  The non-stop talking does get annoying but I know it’s Samantha’s way of showing Cheri that she likes her.  And I love that my kids are finally getting along with her.  I feel like we are more of a family.  I wish Skyler would have taken to having younger siblings and then things would have been even better but I didn’t really to expect that to happen.  That’s a lot to ask from a teenager (15 at the time) to all of the sudden get thrown together with a 8 and a 6 year old.

We are going to talk to a realtor today about finding out if we can purchase a house or if we need to keep renting for a year or two until we can.  I’ve been through this process with theEx when we were together and it never ended well.  But I do better with my credit and Cheri actually contributes financially to the household.  I could never count on that with theEx.  I’m trying to be positive about it, but every time I’ve tried in the past, I’ve been shot down.  But this is the first time with Cheri, she’s made my life better, maybe she’s my lucky charm on getting a house.

So with the relationships here getting stronger, and the lack of dealing with theEx and the JackAss lately.  It’s been a good couple of weeks.  The White Sox are still in 1st place, Michigan football starts this Saturday, I’m going to my first White Sox game this year, a week from tomorrow.  Definitely doing pretty good.  Now if work didn’t suck ass, it might be even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment