Monday, April 4, 2011

Weekend

Trip to Virginia for the most part was uneventful.  Left after dropping my son off at Kindergarten on Friday.  Got there in about 10 hours due to some traffic difficulties at a few places.  We came to a complete stop twice on major highways but didn’t really stay stopped for really long.  It was a long drive it isn’t nearly as much fun to make when you don’t want to be making it.  When my wife lived there, I would drive down every weekend if I could afford it, not now.  I’m disliking that drive every time I make it.

Saturday we didn’t do anything much, had to pick up my oldest daughter’s stuff at 3 so we couldn’t go to Asheville and see some of my family like I wanted too.  Seeing my wife’s family was uncomfortable, as always, but we survived.  Went back to our friends house, where we were staying, and watched a movie on Netflix then crashed.

Sunday morning, my wife and I both woke up between 3:00 and 3:30 in the morning.  After neither of us could go back to sleep, we decided screw it, let’s start heading home now.  So we left about 4:30 and drove all morning and day.  It was nice getting home in the early afternoon but I zonked out for a few hours because I was just too wore out from the trip back. 

So, like I said, pretty uneventful.

We will head back to the half way point of Cincinnati this coming weekend to pick up our oldest daughter and bring her home.

No comments:

Post a Comment