Saturday, March 5, 2011

Basketball

Watched the Michigan Wolverines vs. Michigan State Spartans today. Michigan needed the win in order to make the big tourney. Great game as expected with Michigan coming out on top. This is probably the first full game that’s I’ve sat and watched in too many years to count. I used to be big basketball fan. I used watch NBA all the time, mainly the Bulls but I could sit and watch any game. I used to follow college basketball pretty closely as well. Now, I tend to only follow it when March Madness is here and I don’t watch any NBA. I just can’t get into it like I used too. I could probably get back into college if I wanted too but I just can’t watch the NBA anymore. It just isn’t the same as it once was. Back when it was a team sport and not an individual sport. Back when I watched, one of the greatest players ever couldn’t win a championship until he got other players around him and learned to share the ball. I loved watching Michael Jordan play and watched most Bulls games for years. But since he retired, the 1st time, I just can’t get into it anymore.

I can get into college again because it generally doesn’t have the me first attitude that the pros have. I’ve followed Michigan the last few years, but hadn’t really sat and watched a whole game, until today. It’s a little late to start watching basketball again, being as that was the last game of the season, but maybe I’ll actually watch some tourney games this year. Last year, I just followed enough to see if my guesses were correct in my brackets. And they weren’t very often. I think I’ll follow Michigan in the future, I definitely will in the near future (big ten tourney and the championship tourney). We’ll see if I feel the same way next year when the season starts. Until then, GO BLUE!!!!

michigan_logo

No comments:

Post a Comment