Friday, February 24, 2012

Insane in the Brain

While I enjoy music, I don't love it. I'm not one of those guys who can name a bunch of songs when you give me an artist. And I don't know who all the members of my favorite band are. But I do enjoy music which is a good thing since it apparently enjoys being in my head. I know we all do this, but I'll share my day today with you.

If you don't know me, my radio is set on the local rock station. The only time I take it off that is if they are broadcasting a game or something that's not music. I have a wide range of what I'll listen to, but rock is my preference.

This morning, I came into work, and the song "Masterpiece" is stuck in my head.

“I've found a masterpiece in you
A work of art, its true
And I treasure you my love”  - Atlantic Starr

I could not tell you the last time I heard that song. But there it was, all freaking morning.

I sat in my wife's car at first break because she had brought me breakfast. I don't know if I heard this song in there or not, but afterwards, I kept hearing "Tubthumping"

“I get knocked down, and I get up again
Your never going to keep me down
I get knocked down, and I get up again
Your never going to keep me down”  - Chumbawamba

But eventually my head went back to "Masterpiece". Until I started to type this that is. I was pondering how to open this post and I was thinking about people who are really into music and this line popped in my head "MUSIC IS MY LIFE!" That would be from C&C Music Factory.

That's how it starts, I hear a few words from a song in a conversation and it kicks my brain into jukebox mode. For instance, we have a customer who's name is American Warming. Every time I read that on a ticket, I hear Lenny Kravitz belting out "American Woman"

“American woman, stay away from me
American woman, mama let me be
Don't come hanging around my door
I don't want to see your face no more”  - Lenny Kravitz

Or I did a couple of things at work, kind of brain farts if you will, and I was talking to Adam and told him I’m losing my mind.  Next thing I know, I’m walking away with this running through my head.

“Was I out of my head? Was I out of my mind?
How could I have ever been so blind?
I was waiting for an indication
It was hard to find
Don't matter what I say only what I do
I never mean to do bad things to you
So quiet but I finally woke up
If you're sad then its time you spoke up too”  - Fastball

This seems to happen a lot at work, not so much at home.  I guess my mind wanders more there.  I don’t know, all I know is some days it drives me

“Insane in da membrane
Insane in the brain”  - Cypress Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment